Hello everyone

adrian82

Apr 17, 2013
Hello everyone. I am very new to this also. I signed up a while back when I was looking to purchase a duramax diesel. Since then, I did purchase an 06 GMC Sierra 4x4. I will be doing a VIN search because I don't even know which engine I have. Ie: LBZ, LLY etc. I would like to find a diagram of the engine that I have in order to ask the appropriate questions pertaining to the appropriate parts. I have to replace a 3 to 4 inch hose that ruptured on me last night. Engine coolant pouring out all over the place. Seems that I have to take apart half of the engine just to get to it. Hose is situated towards the top of the engine just underneath the air intake. Very frustrated.. Any info? Thank you all. (Learning how to navigate through the website).

Hot COCOAL

May the farce be with you
Jun 9, 2012
Hello everyone. I am very new to this also. I signed up a while back when I was looking to purchase a duramax diesel. Since then, I did purchase an 06 GMC Sierra 4x4. I will be doing a VIN search because I don't even know which engine I have. Ie: LBZ, LLY etc. I would like to find a diagram of the engine that I have in order to ask the appropriate questions pertaining to the appropriate parts. I have to replace a 3 to 4 inch hose that ruptured on me last night. Engine coolant pouring out all over the place. Seems that I have to take apart half of the engine just to get to it. Hose is situated towards the top of the engine just underneath the air intake. Very frustrated.. Any info? Thank you all. (Learning how to navigate through the website).

Pretty sure an 06 is going to be an LBZ, it's pretty easy to tell, look for the 8th digit on your vin from left to right, if it's a "D" or a "2" you have an LBZ, as far as the engine architecture, they are pretty much identical the LBZ and newer LLY's, the biggest difference between them is the tuning.

As far as the engine schematic, I've gotten them from my local GM dealer, if I'm not mistaken there is a thread here somewhere on the forum dedicated to stuff like that, or you can try and bug the member ripmf666 with a PM requesting such material, he's a very knowledgable veteran member who seems to have quick access to GM diagrams. As for the ruptured hose, take a pic and post it, also, use the home page to find the forum directory, then find the appropriate section to post your woes, ie hard parts.

Hose at the top of the engine, under air intake...hmmmm. Could be egr coolant feed or return line, maybe a heater core hose, could be coolant feed/return for turbo, but I'm gonna guess it's an egr hose, it's an easy fix if that's what it is. If it is an egr hose, now Is the perfect time to do an egr delete, if you're into that sorta thing.

Good luck

Last edited:

adrian82

Apr 17, 2013
Thank you very much Hot COCOAL for all the info. I'll work my way through the forums to see what I can find. If not, I'll try ripmf666. I'll also try posting a photo. Thanks also Cknight199. Turns out it's an Lbz.

blk smoke lb7

<-----Lots of green $
Nov 8, 2010
belvidere,ill
That is probably the turbo coolant hose yes take the intake off and you should ba able to get the clamps off and slide the hose end off and replace it.Probably going to need a set of 90 degree needle nose pliers thats what I use. Good luck and welcome to DD.:thumb:

adrian82

Apr 17, 2013
Thank you all for the welcoming and the info! It's been a heck of a day. Myself and a buddy decided to tackle this on our own. It was a little nerve racking. I "think" we removed the EGR manifold in order to reach this 3.5 inch hose that was pretty much situated underneath it. The hose was connected to a hard tube which was coming out of the top of the water pump next to the thermostat. Not quite sure what the other end was connected to. All I know is that I had to replace that hose. (Bare with me, haven't had a chance to find a diagram of my engine yet. Things will get better). Everything is put back together after quadruple check. Seems to be back to normal. Knock on wood. I'll work on my signature. It'll be pretty basic for now. Thanks again.