Heeellllp

Tots

Jul 3, 2017
DPF is a great system it stores all the stuff they say is bad and causes you to burn more fuel and then shoots all the stored stuff out in a big cloud every 250 mi , wait a min that dose not make any sense !!!!

Lol ya they also make your dpf easily removable but for some reasons not so easy to service huh maybe they just want you to buy new ones.

Tots

Jul 3, 2017
Get an autocal and two new batteries. Then take a saw to the pipes and go home.

I never even got to finish reading your posts because it was one giant paragraph whining about blogs and posts and shit. So maybe you can post up a clear detailed description of what's happened so far

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The original post for help is what exactly happened. After that there was a bunch of dpf related codes and some other relating to stuff being unhooked I think. And I was "whining" because I need some help and tho I got some and good suggestions I get told to watch my mouth. That's frustrating when I'm on the side of a road.

Last edited:

Tots

Jul 3, 2017
Get an autocal and two new batteries. Then take a saw to the pipes and go home.

I never even got to finish reading your posts because it was one giant paragraph whining about blogs and posts and shit. So maybe you can post up a clear detailed description of what's happened so far

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The first original was long but figured the back story leading to my poor trucks down fall was maybe important

Tots

Jul 3, 2017
Agreed. I always tell my buddies or acquaintances who say they want a diesel just to have one or they "need" one to tow a trailer every now and then to be ready. It's not a matter of if but when it will cost you money. If you can't afford to drop at least a couple grand on your truck for basic repairs at any point you have no business owning a modern common rail diesel. Yeah it sucks and shit happens but if you want a newer truck that's quiet, smooth, and comfortable it costs money and usually they can't be fixed by watching YouTube videos.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

I have had a couple older diesels and I've fixed all of them using YouTube lol this is a first time I've needed help with a vehicle. Your right you should have the money you never know when you need a set of tires or some random part. Last winter was unforeseen troubles and that's something you can never be prepared for.

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
Since this turned into a diagnosing/technical thread, Im going to move it into the LMM area. It passed being an intro a while ago.

You really need to take the advice to get it to a good diesel shop close by.

Dozerboy

Jun 23, 2009
TX of course
X1000 Your truck has been down for 7 days and all you can tell us is that you where having issues with your DPF and your batteries are dead still. That makes it sound like you are over your head. So if you need it fixed soon get it to a shop or get it home so you can put forth a better effort to fix it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Last edited:

JoshH

Daggum farm truck
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 14, 2007
Texas!!!
Ya I'm sur you 100% correct this is my first emission controlled diesel so it's all new to me. All the research I've done it's something everyone with my motor has encountered. My father in laws 6.4 and brother in laws all regularly regen and tell them it's regenning so they don't shut the truck off in the middle of a regen whIch I thought for all makes it was kind of the same deal but guess I was wrong.

This is a Duramax forum, so my post was directed solely at Duramaxes. While it is true other manufacturers do display when they are in normal regen, GM elected not to make any sort of indication for the driver.