Headlights

Cmiller

Sep 13, 2012
Hey guys some help with the halo style lights. What's the he's bang for your buck? I have a 2006 duramax I m wanting to put some in

DAVe3283

Heavy & Slow
Sep 3, 2009
Boise, ID, USA
I run projector headlights out of a Cadillac. They work really well. I think they would work in a 2006 as well. Pick up a set on eBay, and you've got a pretty good bang/buck ratio.

What exactly are you looking for in "halo style" lights? Does that mean the LED "eyelid" around the light? Or does that mean projector? Or does that mean HID? HID projectors?

Mar 13, 2012
Bham, AL
I have run spec-d tuning projectors with halos for about three years and have been pretty satisfied with them.

DAVe,
What Cadillac headlights are you using?

minerigger

Dec 24, 2013
Casper, WY
I run projector headlights out of a Cadillac. They work really well. I think they would work in a 2006 as well. Pick up a set on eBay, and you've got a pretty good bang/buck ratio.

What exactly are you looking for in "halo style" lights? Does that mean the LED "eyelid" around the light? Or does that mean projector? Or does that mean HID? HID projectors?
Pica of said lights?
I have run spec-d tuning projectors with halos for about three years and have been pretty satisfied with them.

DAVe,
Pics of your lights?

Hot COCOAL

May the farce be with you
Jun 9, 2012
Hey guys some help with the halo style lights. What's the he's bang for your buck? I have a2006 duramax I m wanting to put some in

To help us help you, it would be beneficial to know if it's a chevrolet or GMC!
That is almost as bad as dodge guys sayin they drive a cummins ;)

Cmiller

Sep 13, 2012
Sorry 2006 Chevrolet 2500, I be read the hid is better then the xenon and I may be gettin it all backwards but was looking at the halo style of lights to put in.

DAVe3283

Heavy & Slow
Sep 3, 2009
Boise, ID, USA
DAVe,
I'm guessing Denali projectors, not Cadillac.
Oops, yeah. Denali projectors. And thinking about it, I'm not sure they fit the Chevrolet trucks, just the GMC. So verify before you buy a set.
Pics of your lights?
Can't find the photos of mine at the moment (at work). They look just like this, though: http://www.dieselplace.com/forum/76...talled-denali-projector-headlights-today.html

Edit: Found a photo of the truck. Well, it is of my (then) brand-new car, but the truck is peeking in the side.
IMG_20130119_123115.jpg

And another, with one headlight out (for drag racing like a boss :baby:):
DSC05508.JPG

Last edited: