Headers and hi flow up pipes

Jun 28, 2007
NE Pa
But how did you copy and past that info to this forum? That looks dead on from a site and was hoping you'd share your link. :D

Everything was rounded and in C and i just converted it to f on my phone :rofl:

some of the other stuff i coppied and pasted out of a report I wrote for work :D

there is lots of good stuff on the net tho, the link you posted was very good, just that most people dont know what a lot of the terms mean :confused:

when studying metalurgy the first thing to do is to study all the terms and definitions...if not what ya read is all greek

TxChristopher

Sometimes Helpful
Feb 8, 2007
It looked more like an advertisement. For a set of headers and a V2 cooling system. Maybe we can do a 2 for 1 special if you own an LLY. Except you didn't want to become a vendor here. I guess you guys have your own site for that.

It wasn't an advertisement, and nowhere was a V2 mentioned. In fact neither was an LLY. Nor was selling anything nor anything about a vendor, there has never been a discussion with McRat about any of that. Its obvious you have an advanced reading comprehension problem or some type of mental fantasy where you self insert things that never happened.

You seem real good at running your mouth for others, you put so many words in my mouth that there is no point in both of us posting because you have it covered. I am sure you can take it from here, I wouldn't want to confuse you anymore than I already have, we wouldn't want you to lose your train of thought and slip off of McRats sack. Its a wonder he gets anything done at all with the grip you have, swinging back and forth there all day........ :rofl:

McRat

Diesel Hotrodder
Aug 2, 2006
Norco CA
www.mcratracing.com
It wasn't an advertisement, and nowhere was a V2 mentioned. In fact neither was an LLY. Nor was selling anything nor anything about a vendor, there has never been a discussion with McRat about any of that. Its obvious you have an advanced reading comprehension problem or some type of mental fantasy where you self insert things that never happened.

You seem real good at running your mouth for others, you put so many words in my mouth that there is no point in both of us posting because you have it covered. I am sure you can take it from here, I wouldn't want to confuse you anymore than I already have, we wouldn't want you to lose your train of thought and slip off of McRats sack. Its a wonder he gets anything done at all with the grip you have, swinging back and forth there all day........ :rofl:

TxChristopher and Rick D Lance can be found at www.dmaxcentral.com .

Both of them are working on selling headers together, and I assume they can be purchased at that site.

Both of them declined the offer of free advertising here, but both of them feel advertising anywhere at anytime is their birthright. But they aren't reciprocal at their site. That's OK with me, and is normal for most sites. We do allow advertising here that is informative and Dmax related, and I would never expect them to treat others as they themselves demand to be.

I truly hope their header project does very well, and that they work as advertised.

But once again, far too many claims for far too long of time have jaded me.

Here, one more time www.dmaxcentral.com - www.dieseltowingresource.com - www.dieselplace.com -

& (original site) www.thedieselpage.com

It is comedy that RDL has his website in his sig, when he punished perhaps hundreds of diesel gearheads in the last year for the same thing.

But around here, we don't care too much. It's much easier to be a participant on the internet if you don't need to "own" the whole damn thing.

McRat

Diesel Hotrodder
Aug 2, 2006
Norco CA
www.mcratracing.com
TDP has the Overheating Assault
Corvette Forum has Intake Armaggedon
TheDieselStop has the 6.0 Warranty War
CompD has Injector Insurrection

Seems we will be destined to have Header Hotheads.

:D

The true comedy, is that in all these battles, one major thing is missing: Truth. A good dose of it would end all the battles, but it is nowhere to be found.

duramaximizer

#1 Abuse Enabler ;)
May 4, 2008
Edgerton, Ohio

If the shoe fits, wear it, and sorry I made up a great sales pitch for you that seemed so very close to the stuff on tdp. :rofl:

Ya, I have a huge reason to suck up to McRat esp since I don't even own a truck. The only thing I bought from him was a V1 a long time ago, and I now I have a V2 from Guy. But since you know everything, I sapose you know that I have 1000's of reasons to back McRat.

And if RDL wasn't trying so hard to gain market share (via his sig) maybe I would have shrugged off the "oh how great the new headers are". I sapose you didn't read the modded CP3 thread. To know how great they were they were sapose to be IIRC before McRat tested that they worked.

Too bad RDL can't make it big in the duramax forum business. :rofl:

Of course everything McRat puts on his truck is free and it always works as advertised. Um Ya :rolleyes:

I think McRat pretty well covered it, the agenda seemed obvious to me.

RENODMAX

Dead Wrong
Mar 4, 2008
So from what I am gathering is even if people use the right bellows etc.. that Most arent using a good material in the first place and expansion is a major issue? Sorry im no metallurgist and would like to learn a bit from those of us who are (Paul!) :rofl:.

Jun 28, 2007
NE Pa
So from what I am gathering is even if people use the right bellows etc.. that Most arent using a good material in the first place and expansion is a major issue? Sorry im no metallurgist and would like to learn a bit from those of us who are (Paul!) :rofl:.

An expansion joint just isolates the turbo from the heads. The 4 primarys that come off the flange and go into the collector are not isolated from eachother and need to be made with enough bends to allow for thermal expansion

ie. if the stress were pulling horizontaly

- a straight piece like this will crack over time

u but if you put a expansion loop in it like this u it alows it to bend back and forth without cracking

this is why you see piping (or pipelines outside) that run in a straight line and just take a 90 then another 90 then another 90 and then another 90 to form a u. this allows for thermal growth.

PS im not a metallurgist either, just interested in it and know a little about it

Last edited:

TxChristopher

Sometimes Helpful
Feb 8, 2007
Yes, Baker Grade is excellent for doing Destructive Testing. You wanna bust something? Haul ass up it in July. :D

Basically you did as much carnage as you possibly could to this board and my shop because you think you invented headers and steel.

I don't run headers, I don't sell headers, and the only folk I ever supplied tech data to concerning headers is YOU and TxChristopher.

Shouldn't you be off squealing on me and spying on me to your cornhole buddies?

Whether your headers are good or bad, I don't give a flying fk.

Your tactics and testing need scrutiny since your morals are lacking.

TxChristopher and Rick D Lance can be found at www.dmaxcentral.com .

Both of them are working on selling headers together, and I assume they can be purchased at that site.

Both of them declined the offer of free advertising here, but both of them feel advertising anywhere at anytime is their birthright. But they aren't reciprocal at their site. That's OK with me, and is normal for most sites. We do allow advertising here that is informative and Dmax related, and I would never expect them to treat others as they themselves demand to be.

I truly hope their header project does very well, and that they work as advertised.

But once again, far too many claims for far too long of time have jaded me.

Here, one more time www.dmaxcentral.com - www.dieseltowingresource.com - www.dieselplace.com -

& (original site) www.thedieselpage.com

It is comedy that RDL has his website in his sig, when he punished perhaps hundreds of diesel gearheads in the last year for the same thing.

But around here, we don't care too much. It's much easier to be a participant on the internet if you don't need to "own" the whole damn thing.

Prediction, TXC's next posts will be vulgar since he knows minors read this board.
Then he will cry again that he is being treated bad if we delete them.

Why when you beat everyone to it? How quickly you forget your own posts in this very thread, nevermind strewn all about the board.

You ran straight to the gutter with the ghetto talk long before anyone else did pal. :baby: You talk a good line about it being a "family board" but that's just a line you spew so long as it suits you, otherwise there is foul language all over this place and that is a FACT. "Mommie, what does "cornhole buddies mean????" Unfortunately, a lot of it is from YOU. "Do as I say, not as I do", McRats motto. :D ;) The foul mouth is on the owner of the board, and his condescending attitude is his downfall.

You named off a lot of diesel boards, and you once again stretched to tie me hand in hand to Rick, but alas the fog in your head can't reconcile with the reality of the world. I am not part of the sites you mentioned other than a vendor at the DP and a member with no posts at one of the others, the other two I am not even a member of, nor do I carry any site name in MY sig. I can't be found at the site you named, because I rarely go there and have other things to do. I am not a vendor or an owner or on any committee or anything other than a member who has NEVER posted. But you know EVERYTHING so I can't possibly be right about myself. How silly of me. :p

I didn't advertise jack, and I don't claim birthrights. I made no demands. These are things YOU are doing. Don't apply your backwards warped thinking to me, you don't know me not one bit, thats for sure yet you somehow feel its your birthright to be an expert on who and what I am.

I hinted at it before, but you are too thick to get it: Leave me out of your little personal crybaby issues with Rick. I am not Rick and you don't know anything about me. Stop pretending you do and stop labeling me with your endless negative spew. Find a hobby. Get a life. Move on. Go back to heavy drinking, or whatever you find joy in, but stay off my ass. Its uncalled for and not neccesary.

TxChristopher

Sometimes Helpful
Feb 8, 2007
If the shoe fits, wear it, and sorry I made up a great sales pitch for you that seemed so very close to the stuff on tdp. :rofl:

Ya, I have a huge reason to suck up to McRat esp since I don't even own a truck. The only thing I bought from him was a V1 a long time ago, and I now I have a V2 from Guy. But since you know everything, I sapose you know that I have 1000's of reasons to back McRat.

And if RDL wasn't trying so hard to gain market share (via his sig) maybe I would have shrugged off the "oh how great the new headers are". I sapose you didn't read the modded CP3 thread. To know how great they were they were sapose to be IIRC before McRat tested that they worked.

Too bad RDL can't make it big in the duramax forum business. :rofl:

Of course everything McRat puts on his truck is free and it always works as advertised. Um Ya :rolleyes:

I think McRat pretty well covered it, the agenda seemed obvious to me.

Are you talking to me? All I can see is a bunch of stuff about Rick and more muffled talk about McRat. Mouth full eh? Hands AND lips to full effect, don't dribble any there buddy! :D :rofl:

ROGUE GTS

Apr 30, 2008

Thermal expansion in stainless IS a major issue, and one of the main reasons why people have cracking issues, especially hard mounting brackets etc.

As I recall from a materials class, 304ss is around .0000096" per degree, per linear inch of material.

So going from ambient temp of 80F, to say 1800F would expand 1" of material .0165"

Well if your up pipes from the manifold are 24" long that means the tubing will expand .396"

So yes, using high quality flex bellows is VERY important.

Nifty little test if you have a true stainless steel exhaust. Mark the end point of the tip in reference to the body. Next time you're on a long drive and stop for fuel, take a look at that refernce point. I bet the exhaust is ~5/8" longer than when cold.

TxChristopher

Sometimes Helpful
Feb 8, 2007
TDP has the Overheating Assault
Corvette Forum has Intake Armaggedon
TheDieselStop has the 6.0 Warranty War
CompD has Injector Insurrection

Seems we will be destined to have Header Hotheads.

:D

The true comedy, is that in all these battles, one major thing is missing: Truth. A good dose of it would end all the battles, but it is nowhere to be found.

No, the true comedy is that I tried to bring out good information, dyno facts and findings, and logs but you shot it all down as fast as you could. Truth MIGHT have been found here, but thats dead now thanks to YOU yourself oh high-and-mighty know-it-all diesel god from heaven. The dose showed up, but you rejected it with all your might. Good job.