HD trucks on top gear

Drholliday

May 28, 2008
Gresham, OR
Would have been better if each truck did each 'test' if you can call it that. When they said the 'who buys trucks for speed' my wife said at least they have common sense.

MACKIN

Smell My Finger...
Aug 14, 2006
Connecticut
I wonder how much Ford paid him to say that the Ford F450 was the best truck out there?

Did you guys really expect some type of real Diesel Power Challenge type testing? Look at the stupid loose gravel hill climb. As far as the burn out test WTF left foot brake right foot mash the go peddle TC stalls turbo has no chance to light party's over. That was a better TC stall check than anything. So people who didn't know how to check your TC stall learned something!

I watched it just for the humor and it wasn't worth the shit in that department either. Best part of the whole show was when the Air Boat almost flipped.Don't tell me that that guy didn't crap in his pants! :roflmao:

Rhall

Old Skooler
Aug 12, 2006
Texas Y'all
I wonder how much Ford paid him to say that the Ford F450 was the best truck out there?

Did you guys really expect some type of real Diesel Power Challenge type testing? Look at the stupid loose gravel hill climb. As far as the burn out test WTF left foot brake right foot mash the go peddle TC stalls turbo has no chance to light party's over. That was a better TC stall check than anything. So people who didn't know how to check your TC stall learned something!

I watched it just for the humor and it wasn't worth the shit in that department either. Best part of the whole show was when the Air Boat almost flipped.Don't tell me that that guy didn't crap in his pants! :roflmao:

I really dont think he had the traction control turned off on the lml. My lmm dually will spin the tires no problem, even if you mash it.

DenaliHD66

Aug 20, 2011
Just watched the rerun of this episode. Would be nice if they specified the truck's specs. The F450 has a 4.30 rear end, and I'm pretty sure the others are 3.73. Also, the Chevy is the only one that would have had a rear locker, but the moron didn't even break the tires loose. I thought there wasn't traction control on the Chevy?

Was it the new high output ram?

This show has the potential to be really good, but its too scripted and they do really annoying stupid stuff.

THEREDDEVIL

A Bad seed
Jul 28, 2010
Godfrey, il
Scripted is right on. I did watch the 4x4 episode with the bronco, blazer and jeep. It was ok, prob because they tipped over the bronco and tore the crap out of stuff. But it is a very scripted show, so much that it annoys me.

DenaliHD66

Aug 20, 2011
Wow they really exploited the flaws of the Ford's frame and suspension. Why didn't those morons all try putting the train? Ugh so full of fail.

Btw I'm new here. I'm so split between which new truck to buy. I'm a GM guy, who recently started liking the Ford, and the Ram is nice too, but I don't think I'd end up that route. Literally the only thing preventing me from buying is the diesel exhaust fluid. What happens if you puncture a hole in the EXPOSED tank? It drains and the computer renders your truck useless. Different if you do that with the gas tank, at least the computer isn't telling your truck not to run. Really hate the idea of the government indirectly limiting my truck.

THEREDDEVIL

A Bad seed
Jul 28, 2010
Godfrey, il
I don't know a whole lot about urea fluid. I'm sure if u punctured a line or the tank it would trip an engine light. Not sure if it would limp it or not. If it was me I would buy an LMM. My bro just just one and it's nice and with a 5" exhaust system, intake mod and efi live it is a beast.

DenaliHD66

Aug 20, 2011
Yeah I just love how badass the new chassis and frame is. Wish it still had the old motor setup though. I don't know if I can search on these forums yet, but I am curious to know how much it costs to delete the full exhaust, tune it to turn off the codes, and then make sure it passes emissions?

616samuel

Apr 26, 2011
Rockford, Michigan
H&S and bullydog are the only tuners out so far for lml that i know of. I just got my lml a month or 2 back and love it to death! even without a tune! GM has a patent on the ecm tune? so its hard for efilive to work on it yet i guess? that's just what ive heard. once i get some mileage on it and EFI works for it i'll through a small tune on it and delete the crap in the exhaust.

blk smoke lb7

<-----Lots of green $
Nov 8, 2010
belvidere,ill
I must have missed the part where they said the ford was best .When i came back in the show was ending and it must have been the panzy that was driving the chevey said it was best. My bad:eek:

DenaliHD66

Aug 20, 2011
yeah i don't remember them coming to a definitive conclusion either. all the tests they did were just for show. they didn't specify the differences between the trucks, just to see how they would do a few faux "real world" situations. annoying.

Dec 2, 2006
TN
H&S and bullydog are the only tuners out so far for lml that i know of. I just got my lml a month or 2 back and love it to death! even without a tune! GM has a patent on the ecm tune? so its hard for efilive to work on it yet i guess? that's just what ive heard. once i get some mileage on it and EFI works for it i'll through a small tune on it and delete the crap in the exhaust.

The ECM can't be read. EFILive has said they will not support it until it can be.. Like GM will let that happen.

Cornell

LBZ for life
Sep 11, 2006
Minnesota
I HATE the American Top Gear. So much facepalming and failing on that show. I like how Adam kept saying he was going to lose the drag race because he only had 6 cylinders... No it's because you have 80 less hp and at minimum 105 less tq, plus he's an idiot.

I think Jeremy, Richard and James from the original Top Gear should do that challenge though with the HD trucks.

Anyone ever see the Brits when they each had to get a semi to see which was best? That was hilarious.

And as far as it being scripted that's so true but the American version there is no charisma between the hosts and you can't force it.

Terrible show all around... rant over.

Last edited:

616samuel

Apr 26, 2011
Rockford, Michigan
I HATE the American Top Gear. So much facepalming and failing on that show. I like how Adam kept saying he was going to lose the drag race because he only had 6 cylinders... No it's because you have 80 less hp and at minimum 105 less tq, plus he's an idiot.

I think Jeremy, Richard and James from the original Top Gear should do that challenge though with the HD trucks.

Anyone ever see the Brits when they each had to get a semi to see which was best? That was hilarious.

And as far as it being scripted that's so true but the American version there is no charisma between the hosts and you can't force it.

Terrible show all around... rant over.

gotta agree with you, BBC version of the show is 10x better! half may be due to the accents and the other half the chemistry between the hosts. Also it seems they actually have a great knowledge of the cars their testing compared to the History Channels show.

MadMaxx61

Devilmaxx
Oct 13, 2008
Windsor, Ont, Canada
They have tried lots of shows to be like Top Gear. 5th Gear is one (It sucks too.) Top Gear US (Sucks as we know) , Victory By Design (Not the same but it is okay).

Now the new one that is coming some day is "Hard Drive with Richard Hammond"

PAT

EASY DAY
Aug 21, 2011
your back yard
I think I'm the only person on any truck forum I'm part of that like the US version. Maybe it's my pure hatred for those f_cked up teeth having, stuck up, bland ass boiled food eating, terrible accent having turds...I can't stand british anything for the most part. The only good episodes of the British version was the Toyota that could one and the Bugatti one.

EEHHHH.... you got me stuck on it. i watched the HD truck one then i saw one were they tried to do some 24 hour long race with a POS nissan.

caught on fire! :roflmao::tvhaha: