Has anyone blown up a Mishimoto intercooler?

schulte

Jul 31, 2010
CT
We were also quite surprised by the strength of the factory unit. It would be neat to put together a second test with a GM intercooler to see how it holds up. We have an LML coming into the shop in the next few weeks for development, I wonder if the vehicle owner would mind us destroying his factory intercooler?

Thanks for checking it out guys. :thumb:

I just dynoed at 982rwhp at 80-90+PSI boost, and I'm just waiting to blow my stock intercooler.

schulte

Jul 31, 2010
CT
We were also quite surprised by the strength of the factory unit. It would be neat to put together a second test with a GM intercooler to see how it holds up. We have an LML coming into the shop in the next few weeks for development, I wonder if the vehicle owner would mind us destroying his factory intercooler?

Thanks for checking it out guys. :thumb:

I'll send you my stock intercooler to blow up if you can give me a few $$$ off a new one? :whisle:

Mishimoto

Jul 25, 2013
I just dynoed at 982rwhp at 80-90+PSI boost, and I'm just waiting to blow my stock intercooler.

Wow, wouldn't mind a link to a video or build-thread of your truck.

I'll send you my stock intercooler to blow up if you can give me a few $$$ off a new one? :whisle:

Haha. If we decide to make another video, we will be in touch. Thanks for the offer. :thumb:

Mishimoto

Jul 25, 2013
No build thread, but here's a short video of the dyno run:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=5rM0XS-cRPg

That is fantastic, thanks!

We have an LML in this week, should be fun!

k9c5tt.jpg

chevyburnout1

Fixing it till it breaks
Aug 25, 2008
Berthoud, CO
Just installed a radiator and hoses on my buddies truck. Amazing quality! My low mileage stock intercooler just blew so I will be purchasing one here in the next few days :thumb:

Mishimoto

Jul 25, 2013
I have access to a compressor that could blow your intercooler up if you really want to see what it will hold:D

Your Rad. hoses are beautiful as well:thumb:

Thanks for the kind words!

Just installed a radiator and hoses on my buddies truck. Amazing quality! My low mileage stock intercooler just blew so I will be purchasing one here in the next few days :thumb:

Awesome, thanks! Let me know how you like the cooler. :thumb: