Hard downshifting

AJ500

May 25, 2010
Ok i got my transmission back in my truck after rebuilding it again, and first test drive it kept going into limp mode and didn't want to go anywhere, i kept clearing the code (700) then parked the truck because i ran out of time. The second time i took it out it shifted through all the gears fine and threw no codes, it would upshift hard and downshift hard, and when you put it into any gear like drive or reverse, the truck would jump. So i unplugged the batteries for the night hoping it would do something, and now the truck upshifts through all the gears great like it should, but it has two hard down shifts, and still jumps into gear. Any ideas? Do you think something is sticking? Any help is greatly appreciated

AJ500

May 25, 2010
Ok so the best thing i can do is drive it around for a while?

thanks for the feedback

AJ500

May 25, 2010
Alright, well im pretty sure something is wrong. On the way to work i got alittle more than halfway there and it started acting up again, It kept throwing the engine light same code (700) and then it started to slip from 1-2 and 3-4. It did not go into 3rd gear limp mode. When i was pulling into the parking lot it felt as if the truck was being held back, then it would release then do it again then release, its kind of hard to explain but it felt like i was hitting the brakes.... any suggestions?? this is frustrating

x MadMAX DIESEL

<<<< No Horsepower
Dec 30, 2008
Lexington, Ky
That won't cut it you need efi live or a tech 2... Those cheap things dont read trans stuff good atall. I'm having trouble with mine and its not throwing any code, if you have a CEL you should really get a good scanner on it it will help you out so much

AJ500

May 25, 2010
That won't cut it you need efi live or a tech 2... Those cheap things dont read trans stuff good atall. I'm having trouble with mine and its not throwing any code, if you have a CEL you should really get a good scanner on it it will help you out so much

Yea i understand the problem is getting my hands on one which i will try to tomorrow. Is there a possibility something is sticking in the valve body or something because there was some metal and some plastic sent through the trans when the clutch pack went? It was thoroughly cleaned but still

x MadMAX DIESEL

<<<< No Horsepower
Dec 30, 2008
Lexington, Ky
I really have no clue. But I THINK(might be wrong) but it was a sticky valve that caused mine to jump into reverse, it never jumped into drive though

AJ500

May 25, 2010
I was leaning towards sticking valves, it doesnt really jump into drive as much as reverse. I guess i'll try getting my hands on a scanner that will actually tell me something

scratchrob13

<---30+ psi (both)
Jun 18, 2008
Boston|Suffield,CT|Lincoln,NH
Eek no where near me... lol. My brother is in Rochester, but he knows nothing.

There must be someone local with EFI... if you strike out pm me, maybe I can ship my EFI to my brother, and you can meet up with him to scan it.

AJ500

May 25, 2010
Eek no where near me... lol. My brother is in Rochester, but he knows nothing.

There must be someone local with EFI... if you strike out pm me, maybe I can ship my EFI to my brother, and you can meet up with him to scan it.

Thanks man that is really nice of you!

Yea this is frustrating the hell out of me it will run perfect one minute then the next the truck wont shift then the next the truck won't move!

I'll see what i can find out tomorrow

AJ500

May 25, 2010
ok well i got my hands on a scanner and this is what i found:

po757 shift sol. 2 stuck open
po762 shift sol. 3 stuck open
p27214 (gm code?) pcs1 (pressure control) stuck open

Stuck valves? bad solenoids? what do you guys think

IOWA LLY

Yes, its really me
Feb 23, 2007
So I take it since you don't have a proper scan tool, you have probably never re-set the taps either have you?