Happy Birthday The Bac

RickDLance

Feb 14, 2007
Thanks. :)

Rick, what would you charge me to create some 4 link axle brackets out of 1/4" plate for a 9.5" 14-bolt, similar to Comp Eng 3427 and 3429?
Axle is 3-3/8" dia, and the brackets cant be slid onto the axle (brakes are already done).

You posted a pic of one years ago that really piqued my interest.

Is this for your 1/2 ton Duramax?

Awenta

Sep 28, 2014
CT
Open or closed cell?
So how much did the house cost you in 1860? :hug:. dont worry, you could be the age of dirt like Ken and Mike. Im 99% sure, Mike developed the first cigarette :D
Nothing, he built it.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
So how much did the house cost you in 1860? :roflmao: :hug:. dont worry, you could be the age of dirt like Ken and Mike. Im 99% sure, Mike developed the first cigarette :D

Oh, you and your brother Awenta are gonna get a beating for that one. Roni, where's my belt?!? :roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:
I have no idea what this house would've cost "new", but I can tell you how much it costs to renovate. :doh: You wouldnt believe the things I've found inside the walls while doing updates/reconstruction/renovation over the past 21 years.

Mike's like a young-ish uncle to me, while Ken definitely could be old enough to be my Dad (my Dad is 82). I hope to be even half as active and full of life as those two are at their ages. Definitely two men I have the highest respect for.

Is this for your 1/2 ton Duramax?

Yep. :) I could buy the 3" axle plates and open them, but would rather have a set that'll fit that axle.

Open or closed cell?
Open cell. Retrofoam. Ive heard nothing but good things about them. You're not going to tell me I got ripped off, are you?

Last edited:

Awenta

Sep 28, 2014
CT
No I'm not. I have no idea what the market is out there. Or how many Sq feet and how thick. Too many variables. I don't spray just know people that do. You're a bit too far away though haha.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
Ken is much older than I.:D

Ken created the universe during the "big bang" :happy2:

Oh, you and your brother Awenta are gonna get a beating for that one. Roni, where's my belt?!? :roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:
I have no idea what this house would've cost "new", but I can tell you how much it costs to renovate. :doh: You wouldnt believe the things I've found inside the walls while doing updates/reconstruction/renovation over the past 21 years.

Mike's like a young-ish uncle to me, while Ken definitely could be old enough to be my Dad (my Dad is 82). I hope to be even half as active and full of life as those two are at their ages. Definitely two men I have the highest respect for.

Shit! im outta here! :scare:

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
Thanks again for all the warm wishes guys/gals. I would hope you all know how much you mean to me. :hug:

The insulation guys are here right now. Started at 8:30 this morning. There's holes in my house now....:roflmao:

Awenta, its a combination of closed cell and open cell. Closed in the walls, open in the attic spaces. The attic vents will all be closed up and that space will become heated. For how this house is arranged, thats the best way to insulate it. Man, it'll be nice to have a warmer house in winter, and the upstairs be a LOT cooler in teh summer.