H2 Wheels

Vrabel

TOYAHOLIC
May 22, 2008
Hewitt, NJ
Does anybody know anyone who put H2 wheels on there truck? need to know which center cap they used. the ones for my '01 wont work. unless I modify. -chris

JoshH

Daggum farm truck
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 14, 2007
Texas!!!
I have H2s on my truck. I used the stock center caps that were on my PYOs for a while (they worked without modification), then I bought some black center caps from a 90s model 3/4 ton that I cut to work.

JoshH

Daggum farm truck
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 14, 2007
Texas!!!
PYOs are aluminum. The black ones I put on are from steel wheels, but I had to cut them to make them work.

03 D-max

Honorary "Tosser"
Apr 29, 2008
Lowville NY
i had the same prob that you did my center caps wouldnt quite grab so i just ground the stops on the back of them i think the reason some work and some dont just deppends if they have ever been stripped or not and when the get tightened to much then some of the end threads get wore off and the wont grab

i hope this helps

WanaDmaxsub

Junior Member W/gray hair
Feb 17, 2007
PYO is the code GM uses for the aluminum wheels that came on our trucks.
Center caps off the steel wheels will work if you trim about an 1/8" off the outer edge.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• Shaved1.jpg
    Shaved1.jpg
    216.4 KB · Views: 415
  • Shaved2.jpg
    Shaved2.jpg
    245.2 KB · Views: 413

BudTX

Edjumacated Redneck
Apr 8, 2007
MO
I could run my PYO center caps on the H2s without modification, but could only get 1/2 a turn on some of the lug caps, which would eventually work loose. I dremeled the stops about 1/8" down and they fit like a champ.

WanaDmaxsub

Junior Member W/gray hair
Feb 17, 2007
I now have a set of PYO center caps on mine. All I did was pull out the "feet".

GCncsuHD

Go Pack
Aug 21, 2008
Statesville/Raleigh NC
For the pyo aluminum wheel caps, I simply trimmed off the little pegs on the back of the cap, that way I could get them to thread onto the lugs more. Without doing this they would still fit, but I didn't feel good about the number of threads holding them on.
DSCN1999.jpg

With the silver caps from steel wheels you would have to trim all the way around them as they are too big around as you saw above in wannadmaxsub's post.

I also ran the stock H2 caps for a while, but I filled in the "Hummer" and painted them black to look kinda like the CTIS on the actual H1's. Then I used a 4.5" hole saw to drill out the rear caps, and did the same, along with painting the hubs the same black.

DSCN1597.jpg

wheelrear.jpg