H&S Tuner on my 2013 Duramax

ceide4489

May 15, 2013
Finally got my tuner installed today. Started truck and first thing coing up is that Im out of DEF (installed without the DPF delete). Quick phone call to H&S solves problem with a file sent to me, but after the new file is installed now the cruise works intermittently and will just drop off after 10-20 miles. I installed without removing speed limiter as it told me if I use my cruise wouldnt work but it doesn't work anyways correctly.

Did a fuel mileage run on a 30mile trip that I do 3-4 times a week so have a pretty good indication of what it used to be. Driving 60 miles an hour and using cruise when I can and reset mileage in truck (which has been very close everytime I checked it so far). Looks like at HWY speed Im losing 2-3miles per gallon of fuel economy when driving as nice as possible, I can imagine how much I would lose if pushing it hard.

Was a little disappointed n this as I thought driving nice I should keep the fuel economy the same or slightly better.

Lastly I noticed there is no where to change settings for metric to imperial measurements. While I realize this isnt a big deal but Im in Canada and young enough that I don't know Fahrenheit and miles per hour.

As of now I have uninstalled the tuner and am quite disapponted in it.

My final question is has anybody used this to run the DPF delete tune yet and can anyone verify the fuel mileage gains of 3-8 miles per gallon I have read about. I bought this tuner hoping to get a small amount of power and decent fuel economy and not sure Im going to get it now.

Any feedback would be appreciated

Dec 2, 2006
TN
I'm running one with the DPF removed. I can't say my mileage has helped because I removed the DPF about the same time as I installed my lift. My personal opinion you'll see maybe a 2 MPG max gain.

FC5452

Mar 17, 2013
Eastern PA
Mileages on these seem all dependent on how hard the truck is being worked. prior to dumping everything I was seeing about 10 around town and 12-13 on the hwy, towing was the same at 10 with 10K tied to her. Afterwords it went up 2-3 mpg on both city/Hwy driving.
I kind of stopped tracking it now, except on long hauls so I can get a feel for fuel costs when making plans. Funny thing about mine is after a weekend down the track the mileage actually increases by 5-6 then settles back down. Still wont complain, it is a truck and all :D

Dec 2, 2006
TN
Mileages on these seem all dependent on how hard the truck is being worked. prior to dumping everything I was seeing about 10 around town and 12-13 on the hwy, towing was the same at 10 with 10K tied to her. Afterwords it went up 2-3 mpg on both city/Hwy driving.
I kind of stopped tracking it now, except on long hauls so I can get a feel for fuel costs when making plans. Funny thing about mine is after a weekend down the track the mileage actually increases by 5-6 then settles back down. Still wont complain, it is a truck and all :D

Exactly.. that's why I daily drive my jetta. :D

Ne-max

I like turtles
Nov 15, 2011
Lincoln, Ne
From what I have read and heard about the Urea set up actually helps the mileage of the lmls. Lost that dpf and you will notice a good gain.

ceide4489

May 15, 2013
Well the delete is done and have done several mileage test on the same commute as before.

The computer in truck has gone up from reading 17.5mpg to 22mpg. Unfortunately when you calculate it by hand getting about 18-19. So while there was a small gain it was not substantial. Looks like the computer tuning has made it look like your getting better to fool people.

Some minor issues still unresolved but truck is running good. Will do a few more checks over the next few weeks and keep you all updated

CDR

Apr 19, 2009
HAND CALCULATED I observed 2miles more to the gallon with im very satisfied with. It all depends on what sort of driving you do with the DPF installed if you idle alot it regens alot and burns tons of fuel. If you drive hard tow huge loads on the highway you might notice no difference. But you will never notice worse unless you driving it hard

DIESELMAFIAPER.LB7

<----new hotness
Jan 17, 2010
idaho
shop.dieselmafiaperformance.com
Finally got my tuner installed today. Started truck and first thing coing up is that Im out of DEF (installed without the DPF delete). Quick phone call to H&S solves problem with a file sent to me, but after the new file is installed now the cruise works intermittently and will just drop off after 10-20 miles. I installed without removing speed limiter as it told me if I use my cruise wouldnt work but it doesn't work anyways correctly.

Did a fuel mileage run on a 30mile trip that I do 3-4 times a week so have a pretty good indication of what it used to be. Driving 60 miles an hour and using cruise when I can and reset mileage in truck (which has been very close everytime I checked it so far). Looks like at HWY speed Im losing 2-3miles per gallon of fuel economy when driving as nice as possible, I can imagine how much I would lose if pushing it hard.

Was a little disappointed n this as I thought driving nice I should keep the fuel economy the same or slightly better.

Lastly I noticed there is no where to change settings for metric to imperial measurements. While I realize this isnt a big deal but Im in Canada and young enough that I don't know Fahrenheit and miles per hour.

As of now I have uninstalled the tuner and am quite disapponted in it.

My final question is has anybody used this to run the DPF delete tune yet and can anyone verify the fuel mileage gains of 3-8 miles per gallon I have read about. I bought this tuner hoping to get a small amount of power and decent fuel economy and not sure Im going to get it now.

Any feedback would be appreciated

install the delete tune you'll get power and mpg, dpf present gets you more power but mpg is not really there as far as the issues i havent had any issues but they will get you set up right.

ceide4489

May 15, 2013
I have tried the 0-60 times as well prior to doing the delete and afetr the delete both on the street setting and almost exact times.

7.7 secs 0-60 and 15.1 @ 90MPH for 1/4 is best I seen with delete kit done. Was now thinking about doing EGR delete as well but know very little about this

DIESELMAFIAPER.LB7

<----new hotness
Jan 17, 2010
idaho
shop.dieselmafiaperformance.com
I have tried the 0-60 times as well prior to doing the delete and afetr the delete both on the street setting and almost exact times.

7.7 secs 0-60 and 15.1 @ 90MPH for 1/4 is best I seen with delete kit done. Was now thinking about doing EGR delete as well but know very little about this

So did you have the egr probe on for both runs? I can guarantee it ran cooler and "should" have run a tick faster put a Fass pump on it as well that help power and mpg try the hot tune as well :D

The egr delete is a good mod also doing a new downpipe helps alot in response and egts

ceide4489

May 15, 2013
I was told the downpipe upgrade wasnt offered from flo-pro when I ordered the exhaust but have changed from down pipe back.

I dont have an EGR probe as Iwas getting the temp from the truck before the elete but after the delete this no longer works, so need a probe installed. Im haveing trouble finding any info on the EGR delete for the 2013 trucks.

FC5452

Mar 17, 2013
Eastern PA
Shoot me a pm might be able to help you out in the egr dilemma as far as monitoring egt's after a delete. Your basically stuck adding a probe in the manifold or Replace the the DP with a diamond eye which gives you a post egt port.

AubleAK

Aug 5, 2011
Glennallen, AK
Can you delete the emissions with an h&s and leave the truck at stock power? If so if do that and put a power puck on it.. I saw 2-3 mpg better then stock mpg with mine.

FC5452

Mar 17, 2013
Eastern PA
Personally I wouldn't stack anything on top of the h&s. you have the ability to add as much power as the unit is set for. Stock power can be run and it feels much more responsive.
If you want a little more power go to the next level (tow). I bet you'll have a big smile with just 50 extra horse.

AubleAK

Aug 5, 2011
Glennallen, AK
Personally I wouldn't stack anything on top of the h&s. you have the ability to add as much power as the unit is set for. Stock power can be run and it feels much more responsive.
If you want a little more power go to the next level (tow). I bet you'll have a big smile with just 50 extra horse.

I wouldnt stack either, i just was curious if you can use the h&s strictly to delete emissions, and make no changes to the motor.

FC5452

Mar 17, 2013
Eastern PA
Bad thing about forums and reading them on a phone with bi focals :D mis understood it all....
But yes you can do that sir...

AubleAK

Aug 5, 2011
Glennallen, AK
Bad thing about forums and reading them on a phone with bi focals :D mis understood it all....
But yes you can do that sir...

No worries. :hug:

But to the OP, id hold of for a while longer and then when the time comes get ahold of kory Willis and get some custom tunes....

So excited for that to come out and get hooked up. :dancenana: