Gym training music

gassux

Mar 14, 2010
I'm really getting tired of the same Chevelle, Adema, Linkin Park, Mudvayne loop on the old ipod....any good new rock out there? I like Rob Bailey and the hustle standard.

Mike L.

Got Sheep?
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Aug 12, 2006
Fullerton CA
I personally like to hear renditions of " Stick it in your ear Mrs. Murphy " when I work out.
I can send you my version singing it in an email if you like. Catchy words and tune.:happy2:

gassux

Mar 14, 2010
I know you're a bit "old" but when you talk like that a #nohomo is usual included:D

Burn Down

Hotrodder
Sep 14, 2008
Boise Idaho
I like any Eminem, Avenged Sevenfold "Hail to the King", In this moment "Whore". Wife has been using spotify at the gym and seems to like it alot.
This Tabata stuff is kind of interesting, good for keeping your tempo up. Jim Rego is a F-ing Beast!
[YOUTUBE]ieQLwxA2qGY[/YOUTUBE]

Last edited:

Hot COCOAL

May the farce be with you
Jun 9, 2012
I don't know why, but I've never seen the appeal to using music to guide a workout or other type of activity...

Sure it's cool for a vid:woott:

I always seem to be content just focusing on the things at hand...muscle control, breathing, the next rep...

Same for outdoor activities. My buddies like to snowmobile, ride street bikes and snowboard all with earbuds in blastin tunes...I just don't get it, I'd rather listen to the noises around me:eek:

I'm simple that way, easily entertained I suppose...;)

Dirtymaxx03

Aug 4, 2009
Katy perry really gets me amped up. I have to play Dark Horse before my 405lb set of dead lifts.

Dirtymaxx03

Aug 4, 2009
Do you just stay pissed off listening to that stuff all the time? :spit:

No, just in the gym when it comes time to move alot of weight.

step 1: load barbell with alot of weight
step 2: start 'Raise hell' by HED Pe
step 3: move weight

Mpsoldier

That just happened!
Mar 10, 2010
In my House
I like any Eminem, Avenged Sevenfold "Hail to the King", In this moment "Whore". Wife has been using spotify at the gym and seems to like it alot.
This Tabata stuff is kind of interesting, good for keeping your tempo up. Jim Rego is a F-ing Beast!
[YOUTUBE]ieQLwxA2qGY[/YOUTUBE]

right with yea eminem radio pandora

mackthehack

DUH...
Apr 16, 2007
Slayer, Pantera, Slipknot, Soulfly, Supletura, old school Metallica, old Deftones, Static X, Hatebreed....

DirtyLMM08

Jun 19, 2013
Old rock, like some AC/DC. Not a big fan of dubstep but Skrillex has a couple beats that will make you lift the wole gym :rockon:
:wup: