Gulf of Mexico Drilling incident

sweetdiesel

That's better
Aug 6, 2006
Thailand
Sadly those missing men are done for......That was a huge freakin kick!

Be thankfull its BP as they will do every thing they can and have deep pockets to back it.

sweetdiesel

That's better
Aug 6, 2006
Thailand
Sadly they keep the billions in Quarterly profits and WE pay to clean up the mess:mad::mad:

I could be wrong but I doubt we will the people have to pay for it

I know if that was I'm Canada The oil company insurance would be footing the bill that is the risks you take in having a oil company

And as far as oil prices rising from that? That one well is peanuts to what is produced daily..... Oil prices are on th rise but they have been low latetly anyways

WolfLMM

Making Chips
Nov 21, 2006
AL
I don't smell it yet, but here that it is on its way. Going to take a pic of the beach at Fort Morgan tom. morning. This is so sad, I was looking forward to a summer full of fishing...Looking like they are going to try and shut down all fishing in the Gulf

Linden

Sparkplugs FTL
Dec 12, 2009
Florida
i hate to be the tin foil on my head guy but does anyone else think the timing of this is alittle convienent with the drill baby drill movement picking up speed.

THEFERMANATOR

LEGALLY INSANE
Feb 16, 2009
ZEPHYRHILLS, FL
i hate to be the tin foil on my head guy but does anyone else think the timing of this is alittle convienent with the drill baby drill movement picking up speed.
You're not alone. It just seems to coincedental that right after all the controversy over drilling in the gulf this happens. And for some wierd reason the safety valve that is designed to shut off the flow of oil in an accident failed. These same valves that all worked just a few years back during the hurricanes when no oil was spilled even though several platforms were destroyed.

04redmax

Apr 14, 2010
Just north of Syracuse,NY
Yes, but they will just turn around and raise there prices a penny or 2 and make it back in no time flat. In the end we pay, not the oil companies.

Thats right they can say it however they want to say it but we will pay In the end.
Every time a drop of oil gets spilled by OPEC our fuel prices go up.

Last edited:

WolfLMM

Making Chips
Nov 21, 2006
AL
Did a tanker capsize today?? I heard a local talking about this at the dock today?? And yes I agree, Good timing:(

gmduramax

Shits broke
Jun 12, 2008
Nor cal
Whats wrong with the oil companies raising prices if oil is spilt? I thought they were in business to make money.

Dozerboy

Jun 23, 2009
TX of course
Of course the customers of BP will be paying for the spill. How else would it get paid for? Its not like they can print $$$ like the gov. who have made more profit from BP then BP does.

You know something is up when the SWAT team is going out to the rigs for the inspections.

I wonder how much oil is spilling anyways I have heard anywhere from 5K to 200K daily. 5K gal of oil seeps from the ocean floor in the gulf every day naturally.

sweetdiesel

That's better
Aug 6, 2006
Thailand
Of course the customers of BP will be paying for the spill. How else would it get paid for? Its not like they can print $$$ like the gov. who have made more profit from BP then BP does.

You know something is up when the SWAT team is going out to the rigs for the inspections.

I wonder how much oil is spilling anyways I have heard anywhere from 5K to 200K daily. 5K gal of oil seeps from the ocean floor in the gulf every day naturally.

Customers of BP? BP doesnt decide the price of oil?

Swat:spit: that is freakin hillarious WTF is swat going to do? is CSI on there way too? That is the most ridiculous thing ive read

sweetdiesel

That's better
Aug 6, 2006
Thailand
Whats wrong with the oil companies raising prices if oil is spilt? I thought they were in business to make money.

Oil companys dont make or decide oil prices OPEC decides the costs
oil comapanmy only decide when to drill and if it is feasible to drill oil or gas wells pending prices