Gtx 4202

TrentNell

Finally underway !!!!!
Jul 7, 2008
slc tuah
whats the warranty on garretts and precisions?

I sold a GTX 4202 to a customer last year , the comp wheel made contact with the comp cover with in the first few thousand miles , it was waste gated and was only being ran as a high pressure turbo , Garrett would not cover it :( , cant say on precision I haven't had any failures yet .

jmaz268

Lead from the Front
May 20, 2010
Springfield IL
I sold a GTX 4202 to a customer last year , the comp wheel made contact with the comp cover with in the first few thousand miles , it was waste gated and was only being ran as a high pressure turbo , Garrett would not cover it :( , cant say on precision I haven't had any failures yet .

What did Garrett say the failure was from?

Hot COCOAL

May the farce be with you
Jun 9, 2012
Delong_1: thats some impressive chit!
Trent: i am aware that the gtx flows about the same as a cast comp wheel down low in the rpm, that it is a high pressure design, and that it excels in the high pressure ranges. I like how quickly it pulls from the lower rpm range once the comp wheel starts to bite! Im not saying they (garrett) cant be beat. I think i am going to have to see some more precision installs....especially since garrett has been a little less than obligatory on defective products lately. I have heard of about a dozen failed garretts this year( both on the forum and locally here) that got no love from garrett:(
i love a well tuned garrett, but i personally have been feeling less and less inclined to spend my money with them. My nieghbor is actually an engineer for honeywell, im going to pick his brain a little next time i see him.