Allison 5sp: Great run then trans limp run p0777

DBUSHLB7

Team DMAX
Mar 9, 2012
Albuquerque, NM
Well this past Saturday I had hoped to beat my previous best on fuel. I'll never know if I did or not and now I believe my purple buddy is hurt again. My first run was awesome and I can assure you I've never gone that fast before. The transmission shifted extremely well and besides the usual over boost codes I had no issues! The second run began with a bad launch, what seemed like a delayed early shift, a hard shift followed by a Trans limp and ultimately letting out due to the transmission limping. Upon return to the pits I had range shift inhibited, no reverse, encoder circuit code, and the "death code" p0777 shift sol B stuck on. I realize this is bad news for me. Frustrating as this trans was refreshed very recently and has but a few passes on it and some daily driving. The site search has Mike saying to check speed sensors to verify they are working properly as well as the tone wheel in the TCase. I realize those are most likely not the problem. The truck was taken out of limp mode and driven home nicely without issue.

As for the first run... It saddens me I will never know what time I ran. I entered the staging area alone and was under the assumption I was making a solo pass. Another truck was waved towards the tree after I had already begun watching the tree to begin staging. He never pulled up even with my truck and he was not in my peripheral vision. Anyhow to make things worse the sun was perfectly hitting the tree and I flat out screwed up and left before the tree even dropped. No time slip for me. Data log shows 11.31 seconds at WOT (130MPH) and the video shows I stayed in it some after I crossed the finish. So I'm sure the MPH was less than 130 but not by much I don't think. The second run can be seen in the remix of my first video.

[YOUTUBE]iF2Q3rECoKc[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]_sl_Nf1Ymj4[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]sIfPbnpDC9w[/YOUTUBE]

Ne-max

I like turtles
Nov 15, 2011
Lincoln, Ne
My old truck did that. Tried the rear speed sensor and nothing. Then pulled the valvebody out and cleaned it all up. Found a small small piece causing it to stick. Put it back together and still works great to this day.

DBUSHLB7

Team DMAX
Mar 9, 2012
Albuquerque, NM
My old truck did that. Tried the rear speed sensor and nothing. Then pulled the valvebody out and cleaned it all up. Found a small small piece causing it to stick. Put it back together and still works great to this day.

I had also read mike telling someone to check voltage to solenoids with this death code. I will exhaust all hope before pulling purple pal.

coker6303

Keep Calm and Chive On!!
Aug 6, 2009
Houston, TX
Damian and his purple trans... lol

barney-meme-generator-so-he-calls-me-up-and-he-s-like-i-still-love-you-2bcf38.jpg

LWATSON

future trans limpers
Jul 30, 2008
Scotland Neck NC
I loaded some new tuning once and got impatient and rolled into it before the trans learned good. Got a terrible 4-5 and the 777 code. Trans lasted two more years.

DBUSHLB7

Team DMAX
Mar 9, 2012
Albuquerque, NM
I loaded some new tuning once and got impatient and rolled into it before the trans learned good. Got a terrible 4-5 and the 777 code. Trans lasted two more years.

I tried to run the 2800 tune on the street a day or two before the races...also tried to hammer on it a tad so the WOT shift points were learned a bit as well. People at the track told me to run it again that night but after such a nasty shift going down the track I didn't want to risk not making it home. I appreciate the encouragement that it could have been a fluke. At this point I'm not turning down an opportunity for GPZs

DBUSHLB7

Team DMAX
Mar 9, 2012
Albuquerque, NM
Let me know when you come up. Would love to see the truck in person. In 15 min from ATS

I think I'm gonna have to pull the trans and deliver it up there , spend a day or two, and bring it back home. Maybe some of the other CO guys would want to meet up with us for some beers

Lparrill

And here we go again
Jul 30, 2010
Lander, WY
I think I'm gonna have to pull the trans and deliver it up there , spend a day or two, and bring it back home. Maybe some of the other CO guys would want to meet up with us for some beers

Definitely. I'm sure we can get something together with Dustin, Wade and a couple other members