(graphic) Cops shoot Dog (graphic)

MACKIN

Smell My Finger...
Aug 14, 2006
Connecticut
Don't watch this if you are easily offended ,YOU'VE BEEN WARNED!

I don't know whats up with the owner of the dog but this is HIS fault ! I feel bad for the dog and the bystanders who had to witness this! If he wanted to antagonize the police he should have secured his dog in the car and then proceed to make a douche out of himself. I should not JUDGE but what the ****!

http://www.break.com/video/cops-arrest-pedestrian-shoot-his-dog-2481555

sickdiesel

Apr 22, 2010
all he was doing was videoing. which is not illegal.

I hope the cop is sued.

He could have let the owner put him back in the car instead of shooting and IMO the dog was not being very aggressive. it could have easily been detained.

Balindir

Rod shortning in progress
Jul 30, 2012
South Central, Pa
I'm with you Dustin. The dog was not threatening the officer, and like wise I hope this officer gets justice... Now on the other side, taking video is not illegal, but from the looks of the video there were some words exchanged, which didn't help this guys cause.

hondarider552

Getting faster
May 28, 2008
Arizona
I am 50/50.

My brother is a cop, and I personally would do the same if I feared my life of being attacked by a dog. If that dog charged like he did that officer, you have 1 second to react.

Ne-max

I like turtles
Nov 15, 2011
Lincoln, Ne
Its easy to watch a video and say that is wrong. But if I was in that cops shoes I would have done the same thing.
I think the officer had every right to tell him to put the phone down. Looked like he was walking around pointing a gun.

gmduramax

Shits broke
Jun 12, 2008
Nor cal
Looked to me as if the cop was trying to get the dogs leash, then the dog tried to bite him.
If anyone's dog tried to bite me I would shoot it.

beanpole209

May 5, 2010
They shouldn't have shot the dog. It was obviously protecting its owner, which any good dog does. Pepper spray would more than sufficed.

Ive handled Dogs much, much larger, more aggressive, with nothing but my bare hands. Which I have little to no fear of dogs.

sickdiesel

Apr 22, 2010
Its easy to watch a video and say that is wrong. But if I was in that cops shoes I would have done the same thing.
I think the officer had every right to tell him to put the phone down. Looked like he was walking around pointing a gun.

the cop can tell him to do anything. but they are on a public street and using a cell phone on a public street is not illegal at all.

Mike L.

Got Sheep?
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Aug 12, 2006
Fullerton CA

Texas Chevy

Feb 14, 2011
Vista, Ca
This is another case of your perception is your reality meaning the cop felt threatened who is to say he wasnt threatened.

McRat

Diesel Hotrodder
Aug 2, 2006
Norco CA
www.mcratracing.com
I'd have to hear the whole story.

Something serious is going down.

At least 5 cars and an armored car.

The man didn't secure the car. It was apparent to him at least two windows were all the way down.

Apparently his radio was so loud it was interfering with the situation. When asked to turn it down, he refused. Then things go tragically wrong.

Thoughts. If you are going to put you dog in a car, keep the windows down enough so the dog stays in the car. If your radio is so loud, people are pissed at you 100 feet away in public, you're a dick. But did the cops have to shoot the dog? I'm thinking pepper spray would have been a first call. You're more likely to score a hit.

mackthehack

DUH...
Apr 16, 2007
Owners fault. He should of secured the dog better in his car. But of course being in Ca, the race card will be pulled and the officer will be fined or lose his job.

Duramax5

duramax freak
Sep 15, 2011
West Texas
Dog owners fault in my opinion. He left the windows down intentionally knowing the dog would jump out when the officers arrested him

beanpole209

May 5, 2010
I kinda see two things going on here.

1. The guy with the dog. Probably wrong, maybe he should have been treated that way? Who knows. Lack of evidence to say from video.

2. The cops handling the dog situation, definitely wrong! They had several quick options, one which included, just letting the guy put the dog up again.

Balindir

Rod shortning in progress
Jul 30, 2012
South Central, Pa
I kinda see two things going on here.

1. The guy with the dog. Probably wrong, maybe he should have been treated that way? Who knows. Lack of evidence to say from video.

2. The cops handling the dog situation, definitely wrong! They had several quick options, one which included, just letting the guy put the dog up again.

agreed, or even pepper spray at that.