got my straight centerlink on

02bigstrokin

Sep 9, 2008
i am completly happy with it. i was expecting the worse after hearing from some others but i must say that ed was right when he told me that i wouldnt mind it at all. and im very picky. turns fine, feels a little different like switching lanes but nothing bad at all. hope this helps for anyone that is interested in doing a straight centerlink. i also have the braces on as well.

McRat

Diesel Hotrodder
Aug 2, 2006
Norco CA
www.mcratracing.com
It's worse the shorter the wheelbase is. I hate it on our EC/SB since we put a spool in the rear. Nearly undrivable on the street, 3 point or more turns everywhere. It was OK but irritating before the spool. But on a CC/LB's you can't really notice much change. With the CC/SB, some like, some don't, depending on how often you need a tight turning radius.

dmaxfireman

'Can do' kind of guy
Apr 8, 2007
CT
mine is sitting in the garage, was really glad to hear this i was worried about it. how bad was your alignment off when you put it on?

McRat

Diesel Hotrodder
Aug 2, 2006
Norco CA
www.mcratracing.com
It should only change the toe-in, which is something you can adjust at home. I use two pieces of aluminum channel stock the same length that are straight. I put them against the tires, and measure with a tape measure in two places about a foot apart. 1/8" difference is one rev on the tierods. Set it a with a little toe-in, toe-out makes it wander.

TIM Z

Screwed by 0087s
Jan 17, 2009
Navarre, OH
Glad you like it! Sounds like another fun winter mod.;)

I swear my truck needs a football field to turn around in, so i think it might not be for me.

02bigstrokin

Sep 9, 2008

I swear my truck needs a football field to turn around in, so i think it might not be for me.

yeah maybe not. seems like some trucks just turn better then others. i swear i think my truck with the straight centerlink will trun circles around travis's truck. his doesnt seem to turn well.

duramaximizer

#1 Abuse Enabler ;)
May 4, 2008
Edgerton, Ohio

I tend to steer more with the throttle anyway. :spit:

Anyone make a beefed version of the factory center link. I really don't want to lose my stability because I have the short wheel base and love diving into the corners.

Last edited:

McRat

Diesel Hotrodder
Aug 2, 2006
Norco CA
www.mcratracing.com
For that situation, your best bet is Cognito braces instead. They seem to work well up to 500rwhp with stock offset front tires. But for huge power or big tires, a straight centerlink is the best solution. It's not the strength of the bar that is doing it. It's the rotation that permits destructive leverage from the tierods to occurs. Dogleg centerlinks are always going to be weaker in that regard than a straight piece.

SmokeShow

Nov 30, 2006
Lawrenceburg, KY
how about a brace like Tomac has on his centerlink? It's posted all over DieselPlace and on his website. It just keeps the stock centerlink where it belongs. Works like strapping the centerlink except it is a rigid piece and still allows turning like normal.

C-ya

Bako_Dmax

GTO Slayer
Apr 3, 2008
Bako
how about a brace like Tomac has on his centerlink? It's posted all over DieselPlace and on his website. It just keeps the stock centerlink where it belongs. Works like strapping the centerlink except it is a rigid piece and still allows turning like normal.

C-ya

Ive been wondering the same he has pics on his website.