Got my new turbos on.

coker6303

Keep Calm and Chive On!!
Aug 6, 2009
Houston, TX
Looks amazing Kyle!! Ready to see you hit the track with the built motor and extra air!! :woott::woott::woott:

Hot COCOAL

May the farce be with you
Jun 9, 2012
A lot more than before lol

:happy2:

Ya think? I would hope so...:spit:

Can't wait to see what it does :) that's really cool that the set up is working so well with out being totally dialed in, that's definitely reassuring, sounds like it's only gonna get better...

blk smoke lb7

<-----Lots of green $
Nov 8, 2010
belvidere,ill
Kyle you have always been a very good drag racer and been very quick with your stock motor I can't wait to see what you have for the track this year.I know you run the 1/8th 99% of the time but let those turbos breathe and hit the big track.Congrats on the new turbos buddy, I'll be watching for the new track times.:thumb:

Hot COCOAL

Jun 9, 2012
Looks great Kyle! Jason, technically he has enough air to make 1,000+hp. Will be interesting to see what it does put down, on dyno and at the track!:thumb:

Hmmm....

Good to know! I'm excited to get the 72 and see how she does:D

Although seeing Kyle's initial response to the 68/483 kit is creating a strong support for going a lil smaller on the valley charger in the future...maybe

I was a lil hesitant on the decision between the stg2 68 or the VGT 72. I knew I wanted to keep the variable in a single turbo config, I've been driving on a standard vvt4094 for a while now and I'm used to it, so I'm actually expecting the 72 to spool faster than that, and I plan to be quite satisfied with it for a while:eek:

I think as a single the 72 is going to be perfect for me, but looking to the future, I wonder if it's too big for what I would want??? I mean, shouldn't it be paired with a S485??? That's pretty big!! Big enough to make way bigger numbers than I would ever want to...I just want my set up to be efficient for what it does

Time will tell I suppose, I'm sure Kyle's excited to dial it in an see what it's got, I would be :D and with the potential for 1000+whp what more could you want:joker:

Harbin_22

Dec 4, 2010
Southern Indiana
Not bad at all but it still has tuning in it for a stocker/475 setup. I have some different tunes from Kory, I just wanted to see how it would act with these boost and vane tables. Not bad though. I like a little amount of boost in light throttle situations and ramp up boost pretty quick

MarkBroviak

DMax Junkie
Vendor/Sponsor
May 25, 2008
Danville Indiana
Hmmm....

Good to know! I'm excited to get the 72 and see how she does:D

Although seeing Kyle's initial response to the 68/483 kit is creating a strong support for going a lil smaller on the valley charger in the future...maybe

I was a lil hesitant on the decision between the stg2 68 or the VGT 72. I knew I wanted to keep the variable in a single turbo config, I've been driving on a standard vvt4094 for a while now and I'm used to it, so I'm actually expecting the 72 to spool faster than that, and I plan to be quite satisfied with it for a while:eek:

I think as a single the 72 is going to be perfect for me, but looking to the future, I wonder if it's too big for what I would want??? I mean, shouldn't it be paired with a S485??? That's pretty big!! Big enough to make way bigger numbers than I would ever want to...I just want my set up to be efficient for what it does

Time will tell I suppose, I'm sure Kyle's excited to dial it in an see what it's got, I would be :D and with the potential for 1000+whp what more could you want:joker:

Personally having done them both ways the 72mm has better flow and comes on faster because it promotes more cfm flow at the same shaft speed. Emiller has gone from the 68mm/480twins to the 72mm/480 twins and said it's quicker spooling and over all better manners with the 72mm. There have been several others that did the same with similar results as well. You will be happy with it Jason single and definitely twinned up!:thumb:

Hot COCOAL

Jun 9, 2012
Personally having done them both ways the 72mm has better flow and comes on faster because it promotes more cfm flow at the same shaft speed. Emiller has gone from the 68mm/480twins to the 72mm/480 twins and said it's quicker spooling and over all better manners with the 72mm. There have been several others that did the same with similar results as well. You will be happy with it Jason single and definitely twinned up!:thumb:

Yeah, your 72 is a proven and solid performing turbo, I know it's legit, and you spent quite a bit of preliminary sales time with me talking about this, which is why I was comfortable making the choice, thanks for the reassurance and thanks again for your time and efforts, I look forward to doing more business with you in the future: hug:

I know the 72 will perform for me in any configuration I'm going to run:thumb: seeing Harbin's success and satisfaction with his set up just makes that, maybe shoulda coulda, hair start to stand up on my neck :joker:

That's all:eek: