Got a Win

03maxpower

Jan 20, 2009
somerset, pa
yup 33' ahead of 2nd place...I pulled 334'-2" and they put the 2nd weight back in for my class. I was real happy with the way mine pulled. I am noticing that alot of guys don't know how to adjust to different sleds/tracks.

The heavy sled they had is a totally different animal than the flat speed sleds like decision makers. I made some tire pressure changes and ran a different gear than I have been running on those speed sleds and it was clear that it worked when I reached 300' and the weight topped out and it dug in and went another 34'. Power is only half the game when it comes to pulling.

so true some guys are afraid of change or just to stupid. i think the second more than the first. one guy i use to help pull won so many pulls and was outpowered by a mile just on our setup;)

getblown5.9

Aug 16, 2008
so true some guys are afraid of change or just to stupid. i think the second more than the first. one guy i use to help pull won so many pulls and was outpowered by a mile just on our setup;)

yup I hear ya on that. What really cracks me up is showing up at a pull and watching guys airing down tires before the track is built or they see how the sled is set-up and performing. also they think that every track has to be driven the same. automatics especially need to watch and learn how to drive. with a manual you just have to pick the right gear, but an automatic needs to know how hard to launch and when to really pour on the coal.

its balance between traction and controlled tire spin. i pick my gear based on the track/sled and i know its a good pull if i can blow the tires off out of the hole and then hook up with little tire spin by about half track and then spin out at the end. i watch my videos over and over and try to do better each pull. my gf made fun of me for it, but i watched my pull from saturday night about 25 times on the big screen when we got home. and ill watch it again before i hook to that same sled again.

03maxpower

Jan 20, 2009
somerset, pa
yup I hear ya on that. What really cracks me up is showing up at a pull and watching guys airing down tires before the track is built or they see how the sled is set-up and performing. also they think that every track has to be driven the same. automatics especially need to watch and learn how to drive. with a manual you just have to pick the right gear, but an automatic needs to know how hard to launch and when to really pour on the coal.

its balance between traction and controlled tire spin. i pick my gear based on the track/sled and i know its a good pull if i can blow the tires off out of the hole and then hook up with little tire spin by about half track and then spin out at the end. i watch my videos over and over and try to do better each pull. my gf made fun of me for it, but i watched my pull from saturday night about 25 times on the big screen when we got home. and ill watch it again before i hook to that same sled again.

yep been there done that:D

Huntinducks82

Apr 21, 2008
Centerville MD

I agree you can have all the power in the world but if you cant put it the ground your not going to get very far.

Hellrazr78

Jul 11, 2009
Baltimore
Oh, BTW, you got screwed in the Show and shine. Guess you didn't bring a loud enough cheering section. Truck looked really good.

Thanks man. I really appreciate the kind words. It feels great to get recognized for all the hard work me, my friends and family put in my truck. I'll come to the buck to hook one day. Like as soon as I call George and get some solid numbers on a trans. lol.

Oh and I think another issue on my truck was the lack of chrome everything and amber lights. Oh well. I wish I would have had a little more competition in the GM section too. It was just me and my buddy Joe representing the Dmax in the show.

LBZ

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 2, 2007
B.C.
Nice hook! Straight,no bounce, and motoring!!

Pretty Sweet all around!!:)