Got a new atmo charger

mike diesel

I'm alright.
Sep 6, 2012
SLC, Utah
Picked up this beauty yesterday. Borg s500sx 88mm, has a 1.15 ar twin scroll turbine housing and a 110/99 turbine. I've never seen/held one off a truck, didn't realize they are so big. But luckily it fits like a glove where my old turbonetics was. Have some fab work to do on the down pipe and i am switching out the -4 oil feed for a -6. And obviously need to fab a new charge pipe. A buddy at industrial said they should have the compressor outlet flange/clamp and piping I need in stock so with any luck, I can fab what i need this afternoon and go for a test drive tonight or tomorrow.

mike diesel

I'm alright.
Sep 6, 2012
SLC, Utah
Still running that 11 blade wheel, or whatever it was, in the hp charger?

I did swap back in the cast 7 blade wheel for a little bit. I trapped almost identical mph between the 2. 125.99mph with the billet wheel and 125.76mph with the cast wheel. Billet 11 blade was definitely quicker to spool so I swapped it back in shortly after.

mike diesel

I'm alright.
Sep 6, 2012
SLC, Utah
Billet 6 blade 88mm, ball bearing, 112/101 turbine and a 1.23ar housing. That turbine and housing were too big for me.

Ne-max

I like turtles
Nov 15, 2011
Lincoln, Ne
What size return oil line you running? Curious cause I'm putting in my oil pan fitting while engines out.

mike diesel

I'm alright.
Sep 6, 2012
SLC, Utah
Picked up a polished compressor cover and a .85ar turbine housing for it this afternoon. Got all the piping, flanges and new -6 oil feed line for it as well. Probably won't get much done on it today, but should have it done either tomorrow or saturday.

Polished cover looks nice.

JoshH

Daggum farm truck
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 14, 2007
Texas!!!
It'll be interesting to see how much better it spools than the turbo it is replacing. The turbine wheel isn't much smaller, but the housing may be enough to make a difference (especially if you run that .85 AR).

mike diesel

I'm alright.
Sep 6, 2012
SLC, Utah
Here's the new compressor cover. I've got a solid 5 hours today to work on it, we will see what I can get done. Going to run the .85ar turbine housing first.

mike diesel

I'm alright.
Sep 6, 2012
SLC, Utah
Made some good progress today. Ran out of time to finish it though.

Got the hot pipe, downpipe, turbo mount, oil feed and oil return lines finished.

Got the charge pipe mostly done, and still need to do the intake. I'll smooth all the welds and get it powder coated too.

mike diesel

I'm alright.
Sep 6, 2012
SLC, Utah
I'm thinking both compressor covers polished, then all black piping or both covers polished with the charge pipe between turbos chromed and the remaining intercooler pipes black.