Got a little problem...hopefully!

Mullis434

Nov 16, 2011
Houston
Had a little bit of tranny fluid that leaked from the transmission cooler I think. It was up front where the skid plate is, wondering if thats a common thing for LMM's. Never had a leak before but I'm guessing where its crimped on a hose or connector has come loose maybe? Haven't had a chance to remove the skid plate but figured i'd see if anyone else has had this happen. Thanks

TheBmaN66

Jun 12, 2011
Raymore, MO
Tranmission Cooler hose leak

I have the same problem but traced it to where the steel hose clamps to a rubber hose. It appears ripmf666 posted a TSB about the problem. It looks fairly easy to replace but since I have a warranty, I'm taking it to the dealer to have it repaired.

taylorbok

Jan 31, 2011
I think alligator perf has a set of braided lines with an fittings but can't remember, also don't know if they are sponsor on here or not.

DIGGLER

Feb 6, 2011
SC
mine were leaking. had them retrofitted with an fittings and got hoses made. these should be a better quality hose than the oem ones, but if something does happen to one in the future i i can just have another hose made up for cheap. the an ends make life much simpler in that aspect.

dmaxfireman

'Can do' kind of guy
Apr 8, 2007
CT
did you locate the leak? i split my trans cooler at one of the seams inside the fins and had to get a new one.

x MadMAX DIESEL

<<<< No Horsepower
Dec 30, 2008
Lexington, Ky
mine were leaking. had them retrofitted with an fittings and got hoses made. these should be a better quality hose than the oem ones, but if something does happen to one in the future i i can just have another hose made up for cheap. the an ends make life much simpler in that aspect.

That's what I will do next time they leak. Only had the truck high idle one morning so far this winter, so it hasn't been cold enough for them to leak I guess. Next time ill be going to a hydrolic shop forsure, this is a very common problem and they do leak at the crimp on.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk