Got a clearance problem!!!

dracing70

SH--- GETTING EXPENSIVE!
Jun 12, 2007
mantua, oh
Ok well I'm mounting my new intake which allows for very minimum clearance. All fuel lines must be rerouted to the back of the valley cp3 minus the return which uses a low pro banjo fitting. Exergy sent me their fittings to switch everything around. The problem the plug they provide for the stock high pressure outlet is just a cap that goes on the old fitting and it is way to tall. Check out the pic. I need a somewhat flush mounting plug for my app. Anyone know of one or a solution. image.jpg

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    196.5 KB · Views: 108

OregonDMAX

NOT IN OREGON, NO DURAMAX
Apr 28, 2013
Goodyear, AZ
so that is just a plug sticking out or a fitting is going to bolt to it? can you cut it shorter or shave off/file down a little bit just to get it to fit.

if it was meant to work then they might have sent you the wrong one, i know that does happen, i went through several fittings before getting the right ones for my cooler kit.

dracing70

SH--- GETTING EXPENSIVE!
Jun 12, 2007
mantua, oh
so that is just a plug sticking out or a fitting is going to bolt to it? can you cut it shorter or shave off/file down a little bit just to get it to fit.

if it was meant to work then they might have sent you the wrong one, i know that does happen, i went through several fittings before getting the right ones for my cooler kit.

There is a port on the back of the cp3 that can be used as a high pressure outlet also. They sent me a new fitting for the back and what u see in the pic is how they plug off the old stock fitting. However it is way too tall. I need a flush pipe plug type fitting instead.

OregonDMAX

NOT IN OREGON, NO DURAMAX
Apr 28, 2013
Goodyear, AZ
i would double check with them that they got you the correct fitting, ive been down this road with fittings before, they assured me many time it was right and turns out it wasnt.

dracing70

SH--- GETTING EXPENSIVE!
Jun 12, 2007
mantua, oh
yeah i will speak with them tomorrow. i was just looking to find out if anyone know for sure if there is a flush or low profile cap plug available????

sweetdiesel

That's better
Aug 6, 2006
Thailand
simon do u know if the thread on that stock high pressure fitting is 14mm 1.5 pitch??? my concern is if u just plug the hole with a flat plug will the high pressure end up etching through the plug???

I doubt it would be a 1.5 pitch thread, but I dont know?

Can you not just use the fitting you have now and cut it flush.....then weld the hole shut?

Also can you not ditch the bango fitting and use a different fitting?

Noreaster

Jun 13, 2007
Cape Cod,MA
I pulled the fitting off a core pump, thread is the same size & pitch on both sides of the high pressure fitting. I couldn't find my thread gauge but layed the inlet fitting against HP fitting same pitch, inlet fitting is 12mm-1.5

jraymer

<--Tree Hugger
Oct 31, 2008
Las Vegas, NV
Remove the whole fitting and find out the thread size and buy an appropriate plug. Was there a plug you took out of the back of the pump for your new fitting?

sweetdiesel

That's better
Aug 6, 2006
Thailand
Here is a pic of a fitting I have for a cp3
One side is looks like a 5/8 diameter and the other appears 14mm coming out of the pump to the high press line. I know its not just a regular 14mm thread as that wouldnt seal.

20130612_231114.jpg

dracing70

SH--- GETTING EXPENSIVE!
Jun 12, 2007
mantua, oh
Remove the whole fitting and find out the thread size and buy an appropriate plug. Was there a plug you took out of the back of the pump for your new fitting?

The plug that comes out of the back is a different size than the top so u cannot just swap them out. I could cut it down and weld it but then u can never remove it again. Also the back plug has a shaft on it that would not work on the top stock location.

dracing70

SH--- GETTING EXPENSIVE!
Jun 12, 2007
mantua, oh
Here is a pic of a fitting I have for a cp3
One side is looks like a 5/8 diameter and the other appears 14mm coming out of the pump to the high press line. I know its not just a regular 14mm thread as that wouldnt seal.

20130612_231114.jpg

Yes That is the new back fitting they sent that works fine. I just need a better way to block off the unused stock top hole. Did u weld yours Simon??

dracing70

SH--- GETTING EXPENSIVE!
Jun 12, 2007
mantua, oh
We got it figured out. Joe from Romeo fab. Is just gonna machine up a stock fitting for me then tig it up. Thanks Joe

dracing70

SH--- GETTING EXPENSIVE!
Jun 12, 2007
mantua, oh
Simon as I stated the pic u sent is what my new fitting looks like also, and there is also a spring and check ball that go in front of it on that little shaft. Does anyone know the purpose for that fitting having the stem, spring and check bàll in there?? Why can't the fuel come straight out of the fitting the way the stock top one does??