Gooseneck conversion

shortbedguy

Oct 26, 2012
9qeix4.jpg

The U bolt is for attachment point and pop down when not in use

mudbuster

Dec 22, 2012
I talked about doing something like you started with and everyone thought I was nutz at least now I know I'm not :roflmao: Nice work mabey this summer I'll do it and show them it can be done :thumb::thumb:

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
Whats the capacity on those bags? Whats their extended and collapsed length? If you wouldnt mind pm'in me that and where you got them id appreciate it :D

crbonline

Jul 10, 2013
Freaking sweet!!! How come you ditched the trailer/GN conversion idea? That's exactly what I'd like to do for my dump trailer...put the GN on for me and take if off when my buddies borrow it that don't have a GN. But it sounds like you saw some issues with this approach and ditched it. Interested in learning why/what to look out for. Also wondering why you went for the upside down fifth wheel connector plate for the bed of your truck vs. a regular GN ball connection. thx

shortbedguy

Oct 26, 2012
Freaking sweet!!! How come you ditched the trailer/GN conversion idea? That's exactly what I'd like to do for my dump trailer...put the GN on for me and take if off when my buddies borrow it that don't have a GN. But it sounds like you saw some issues with this approach and ditched it. Interested in learning why/what to look out for. Also wondering why you went for the upside down fifth wheel connector plate for the bed of your truck vs. a regular GN ball connection. thx

I didn't have any issues with all set up I just needed a two car trailer now I'm making a wedge trailer so I'm thinking of going back.it's just easier to have the 5 wheel on the trailer rather than a truck I didn't want to have the rails in bed

crbonline

Jul 10, 2013
"it's just easier to have the 5 wheel on the trailer rather than a truck I didn't want to have the rails in bed." - shortbedguy

I like it! Very cool idea. And again, freakin nice work on this! Very impressive.