Good turbo?

king44481

Apr 29, 2015
I don't know if this is the right forum but no answers on the other so some opinions would be great! What's a good 60-65mm turbo? I want quick spool. Daily driven and pulls about 6k lbs. every now and then. Oh and anybody know much about duramax tuners stealth 64?

clrussell

pro-procrastinator
Sep 23, 2013
Pm yellowchevy he can fix you up and answer all kinds of turbo questions for ya.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

yellowchevy

Sep 9, 2010
Louisburg, KS for now
What's all done to your pickup, tranny, gauges, EFI, etc.?
Do you have any specific goals you're shooting for?

I port/polish the IHI and get quick spool up and good power increases. Click on the link and go to post #13. I posted a spread sheet of results for IHI wheels I've tested.
LB7 Wheel Testing
If you have any questions let me know.

The stealth 64 is stock IHI that has the compressor cover machined to accept a 64mm 7+7 cast wheel off of a borg warner S364 turbo. Theres also a sleeve to fill the void due to the diameter difference of the stock iHI turbine wheel and S364 compressor wheel.

When you've got time, fill out your signature so people can help out in making recommendations.

Yellowchevy

JDub

Aug 9, 2009
Hooper, Utah
Really depends on your needs and goals. I've had both the Stealth 64 and now running 64.5mm FMW S300. They both have their advantages and are quite a bit better than stock

yellowchevy

Sep 9, 2010
Louisburg, KS for now
Really depends on your needs and goals. I've had both the Stealth 64 and now running 64.5mm FMW S300. They both have their advantages and are quite a bit better than stock

Needs and goals are very important when picking a turbo, people sometimes forget that.

I'm sure people are wondering,
Which one spooled quicker?
Which one pulled harder? Through out acceleration and up top more?
Were EGT's similar?

Yellowchevy

king44481

Apr 29, 2015
I just want to push some more boost and just make more power in general. It's my daily so nothing totally outrageous. --- 4in. Exhaust, edge juice w/attitude. Trans build coming this summer, along with efi shortly after that

Robby05

Jul 25, 2014
Spokane, WA
I just want to push some more boost and just make more power in general. It's my daily so nothing totally outrageous. --- 4in. Exhaust, edge juice w/attitude. Trans build coming this summer, along with efi shortly after that

Well ditch the edge for EFI. Gonna need that to take advantage of the new turbo.

02greysixer

Jun 4, 2011
North Central FL
Changing turbo's before a trans build and efilive is like putting socks on your shoes. Sure it's there but why

malibu795

misspeelleerr
Apr 28, 2007
in the buckeye state
Changing turbo's before a trans build and efilive is like putting socks on your shoes. Sure it's there but why

Exactly what I went through thought processes... But the problems I've been having.. Stock LMM charger hitting 55 psi and limp the truck going to cost a lot when it blows up from sticking vanes

king44481

Apr 29, 2015
Efi is coming after trans build and I was just asking what a good turbo is THESE COME AFTER THE TRANS BUILT lol

Huffy67

Dec 26, 2014
Arkansas
EFI should be first on your list period. Unless your Trans is already going out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk