Going to get burned for this

PureHybrid

Isuzu Shakes IT
Feb 15, 2012
Central OH
He's only wanting around 450-500 out of a 6 speed. I'm pushing similiar through mine and its the C2 pack that got toasted.

Well that changes things. If you use the "6 speed" power pack, it's 7 frictions with a shorter piston and machined backing plate, which is what we used in my buddies 01. Been holding / shifting great at that power level.

Yngdmax92

Sep 26, 2013
Pulled it apart, things still look good! Gonna keep going, next question. I recently just built my 4th trans. Another 5 speed. Bought the kit from Dave Georend. Works great, shifts great. There's a mod that I haven't done to all the transmissions I have built but I'd like to add the mod to my 6 speed.

It's the spool valve located behind the spring that controls pressure . You grind the valve to essentially dump fluid when the torque converter is commanded to lock, so the spool valve won't shift and drop line pressure. Can this same mod be done in the 06-10 6 speeds?

Mike L.

Got Sheep?
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Aug 12, 2006
Fullerton CA
If you're using my pressure spring, you really don't need to do it for spirited street driving and towing below 500hp.

Yngdmax92

Sep 26, 2013
My whole goal is to push it far as it'll go. Just a stupid experiment on stock clutches. I will be going to the track soon to back up power that is being put through it.

Mike L.

Got Sheep?
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Aug 12, 2006
Fullerton CA
My whole goal is to push it far as it'll go. Just a stupid experiment on stock clutches. I will be going to the track soon to back up power that is being put through it.

You'll need all the pressure you can get to do that. I did this 15 years ago.

Yngdmax92

Sep 26, 2013
I'm trying to avoid adding the shim that comes in your spring kit. Doesn't that cause premature pump wear?