Going to get burned for this

Yngdmax92

Sep 26, 2013
Had a 2003 lb7 with a built trans. Its great and is still going to this day, but I'd like to share my experience with my lbz trans.

First of all, i started out with a completely stock lbz with 130k on it. It was stock for 6 days then we'll like the rest of us, I had to mess with it .

I just wanted to share my experience with the trans as I am a 3 T's kind of guy. Trans, turbo and tunes.

My trans is not 'built". I wanted to experiment for myself. So i did and I wanted to share my out comes.

My trans has a georend DK converter, ratiotek pressure mods I think the 295 one, with out the shim but with the updated spring. I did the transgo Jr with the Mike l Jr springs, and I also did the Mike l shift valve springs as well.

Truck has a Danville 3794 stage 2 with modded vanes. As well and will be getting a pump this spring, a supersport pump or a 10mm yet. Idk which one, what ever is the better deal at that time. It has profab up pipes as well and all the other supporting mods.

I have tried and tried and tried to get the trans to slip, but so far so good! Fluid looks good, everything is still in check, call me crazy but it's been working for me and I know..... It'll fail eventually. But I just wanted to try it. Now that I have the time to get a Allison out in less then 1.5 hrs it's not a big deal to me.

Temps are in check still and the tuning is maxed out from Danville and dropping rail on my big tune to 24-25k hence why I am going to upgrade my pump. Been good for 22k miles.

Pretty neat to me and just thought I'd share!

rcr1978

Apr 1, 2007
Spring Creek, NV
Did you eliminate the knock down, would help even more if you did. Surface area and pressure is the most important, you gained no surface area just a little pressure.

Josh154

Sep 28, 2015
Sioux Falls SD
Awesome should be around the 600hp mark? I just serviced my lml trans and put epc fooler in. Currently doing a cp3 conversion right now with sdp y bridge kit, should be 550-600 and just like you I know it won’t last forever but going to run it till it lets me down!

Evan@InglewoodTrans

yerp
Vendor/Sponsor
Aug 5, 2010
Western MA
Had a 2003 lb7 with a built trans. Its great and is still going to this day, but I'd like to share my experience with my lbz trans.

First of all, i started out with a completely stock lbz with 130k on it. It was stock for 6 days then we'll like the rest of us, I had to mess with it .

I just wanted to share my experience with the trans as I am a 3 T's kind of guy. Trans, turbo and tunes.

My trans is not 'built". I wanted to experiment for myself. So i did and I wanted to share my out comes.

My trans has a georend DK converter, ratiotek pressure mods I think the 295 one, with out the shim but with the updated spring. I did the transgo Jr with the Mike l Jr springs, and I also did the Mike l shift valve springs as well.

Truck has a Danville 3794 stage 2 with modded vanes. As well and will be getting a pump this spring, a supersport pump or a 10mm yet. Idk which one, what ever is the better deal at that time. It has profab up pipes as well and all the other supporting mods.

I have tried and tried and tried to get the trans to slip, but so far so good! Fluid looks good, everything is still in check, call me crazy but it's been working for me and I know..... It'll fail eventually. But I just wanted to try it. Now that I have the time to get a Allison out in less then 1.5 hrs it's not a big deal to me.

Temps are in check still and the tuning is maxed out from Danville and dropping rail on my big tune to 24-25k hence why I am going to upgrade my pump. Been good for 22k miles.

Pretty neat to me and just thought I'd share!

That’s how everyone has to learn is by doing it. I encourage people to build their own it’s fun. They come out in 45 minutes by yourself pretty easily after you do it enough.

Yngdmax92

Sep 26, 2013
Did you eliminate the knock down, would help even more if you did. Surface area and pressure is the most important, you gained no surface area just a little pressure.

Still learning but what is the knock down?

Yngdmax92

Sep 26, 2013
Awesome should be around the 600hp mark? I just serviced my lml trans and put epc fooler in. Currently doing a cp3 conversion right now with sdp y bridge kit, should be 550-600 and just like you I know it won’t last forever but going to run it till it lets me down!

I don't like to guess power till I go to the track cause you know how everyone is. But yeah I'd say it's around 600hp, I'm drain a lbz pump so I'd assume it's around that. I am just super surprised on the trans with stock clutches and how much it's holding. Pretty cool.

I bet you'll be super surprised by that lml trans too,I've heard good things from other's just throwing a converter at it and solenoid mod

Josh154

Sep 28, 2015
Sioux Falls SD
I don't like to guess power till I go to the track cause you know how everyone is. But yeah I'd say it's around 600hp, I'm drain a lbz pump so I'd assume it's around that. I am just super surprised on the trans with stock clutches and how much it's holding. Pretty cool.

I bet you'll be super surprised by that lml trans too,I've heard good things from other's just throwing a converter at it and solenoid mod

Forsure that is pretty wild! I welded my c1s together in my lmm on a 150hp tune only. Never limped in the higher gears, just gave out one day doing a burnout before new tires lol.

Maybe a converter will be my next mod, don’t want that to take a shit and take the trans with it. Hadn’t really heard of people swapping converters on stock clutches but I know these lml trans are pretty stout compared to lbz/lmm. I don’t really have any plans on turbo swaps, so would love to see it last on a max effort tune.

Evan@InglewoodTrans

yerp
Vendor/Sponsor
Aug 5, 2010
Western MA
Not to answer for Mike but that’s not common at all. I haven’t seen pressure drop from a worn spring yet. You can even measure springs installed from a few years ago to a new one in the box and they are just about identical.

Evan@InglewoodTrans

yerp
Vendor/Sponsor
Aug 5, 2010
Western MA
Forsure that is pretty wild! I welded my c1s together in my lmm on a 150hp tune only. Never limped in the higher gears, just gave out one day doing a burnout before new tires lol.

Maybe a converter will be my next mod, don’t want that to take a shit and take the trans with it. Hadn’t really heard of people swapping converters on stock clutches but I know these lml trans are pretty stout compared to lbz/lmm. I don’t really have any plans on turbo swaps, so would love to see it last on a max effort tune.

The swapping a converter into an LML and doing constant line pressure thing really doesn’t work they pull power and are slow rather then limp. As with using stock clutches with pressure mods just because it’s not limping doesn’t mean it’s holding. It’s fun to see how much you can get stock clutches to hold with the right mods (which is a lot) but shift quality is lacking. The LML myth is why you see 100’s of 700hp stock trans trucks that are “holding” running 12’s and when disassembled they are completely smoked at even 500hp.

rcr1978

Apr 1, 2007
Spring Creek, NV
Still learning but what is the knock down?

When the converter locks you loose line pressure, get yourself a hydraulic schematic if you want to learn what’s going on and where it happens. Or you can search here for the quick n dirty but monkey see monkey do doesn’t teach you much.

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
Definitely a Trans thread. :hehe:

10 years ago, things would've been very different for you. ;)
Says a lot about the ongoing developments that Evan and Mike figure out. :)

THEFERMANATOR

LEGALLY INSANE
Feb 16, 2009
ZEPHYRHILLS, FL
That’s how everyone has to learn is by doing it. I encourage people to build their own it’s fun. They come out in 45 minutes by yourself pretty easily after you do it enough.

I want to see somebody pull mine out in 45 minutes. Squeezed into my 95 burb with no body lift, it was a 3 hour job. And I have a budget build in mind I was trying to get a buddy to try out. Use the thicker alto c1 and c2 apply plates, put a c3 power pack in it, decent converter, and the hydraulic mods.

PureHybrid

Isuzu Shakes IT
Feb 15, 2012
Central OH
I want to see somebody pull mine out in 45 minutes. Squeezed into my 95 burb with no body lift, it was a 3 hour job. And I have a budget build in mind I was trying to get a buddy to try out. Use the thicker alto c1 and c2 apply plates, put a c3 power pack in it, decent converter, and the hydraulic mods.

At what power? I was running the power pack in my c3, roasted it. Never limped, but I tore it down while doing the 4x4 swap and that pack was NOT happy. Everything else wasn't bad though!

THEFERMANATOR

LEGALLY INSANE
Feb 16, 2009
ZEPHYRHILLS, FL
At what power? I was running the power pack in my c3, roasted it. Never limped, but I tore it down while doing the 4x4 swap and that pack was NOT happy. Everything else wasn't bad though!

He's only wanting around 450-500 out of a 6 speed. I'm pushing similiar through mine and its the C2 pack that got toasted.