Going to buy another truck

DAVe3283

Heavy & Slow
Sep 3, 2009
Boise, ID, USA
Ben has a few good threads detailing how to switch over to GM Nav and lux Bose...that'd be the way to go:thumb::)
I've done the GM Nav conversion, but not the LUX amp yet. I really like the GM Nav because of the integration with the rear seat DVD and rear seat audio. However, if you don't have (or need) those features, the aftermarket would be the better way to go, IMO.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

jmaz268

Lead from the Front
May 20, 2010
Springfield IL
My 20" ultra drifters wrapped in 285/55s weigh in at 85 lbs each.....not light by any means, but not as heavy as 99% of others.

A good set of MB Quart components on an amp with some decent subs.....subs depend on how loud you want. i'm a huge fan Digital Designs and they sound great and can be VERY loud.:thumb:

paint94979

Beer Nazi
Sep 18, 2006
Simon just go with 4 12" JL W7's for subs, you'll need a custom box but you should do it :joker:

metron

Sep 13, 2012
Buffalo, NY
I've had the Extand Full Tilt cover on my past 3 trucks. I really like the ability to lift/get under it with out having to unsnap it everytime.

MadMaxx61

Devilmaxx
Oct 13, 2008
Windsor, Ont, Canada
I am an Alpine guy as all that know me know.

Lol.

This is my next head unit.
http://www.alpine-usa.com/product/view/ine-z928hd/

I would go with one 10" and one 12" with one amp each. You will have full range and sound better than two 10s or two 12s.

Get good speakers up front. That. Back can be much cheaper. As they are only there as fill. If you want to save more money run the rear off the head unit. But put an amp on the fronts.

I have had about 15 different navigation systems over the years. Alpines is by far the best. Yes I know you have to pay for updates but you get better maps. Also you now get free for life live traffic updates.

sweetdiesel

That's better
Aug 6, 2006
Thailand
Tonneau cover - Extang trifecta folding cover
Thanks ed
Maybe I missed it but how did Abby run this year?
Nothing special need to change gears in the lenco
I am an Alpine guy as all that know me know.

Lol.

This is my next head unit.
http://www.alpine-usa.com/product/view/ine-z928hd/

I would go with one 10" and one 12" with one amp each. You will have full range and sound better than two 10s or two 12s.

Get good speakers up front. That. Back can be much cheaper. As they are only there as fill. If you want to save more money run the rear off the head unit. But put an amp on the fronts.

I have had about 15 different navigation systems over the years. Alpines is by far the best. Yes I know you have to pay for updates but you get better maps. Also you now get free for life live traffic updates.

Can I just run 1 sub?

jmaz268

Lead from the Front
May 20, 2010
Springfield IL
I can't remember what the stock size is it may be 6x9 if so ya they will be fine.

I would still run a ok set that are rated for what the head unit puts out or more so you cant kill them easy.

Mine were some retarded 4 x 10s..but you should be able to stuff 6x9s in there.

emiller3

He's Back
Feb 21, 2009
lake charles,LA.
A good set of MB Quart components on an amp with some decent subs.....subs depend on how loud you want. i'm a huge fan Digital Designs and they sound great and can be VERY loud.:thumb:

Now this is top notch stereo equipment,not the cheapest but some of the best performing out there.

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
Mine were some retarded 4 x 10s..but you should be able to stuff 6x9s in there.

X2, my old 1500 had that same size back there.

id definitly do like madmaxx is sayin. 1 good sub and amp, some nice 6.5" front speakers with an amp and some decent rear speakers to the deck.

Ive got one of those little 300watt rockford fosgate digital amps in my samurai running the 4 6x9s in it. Holy hell does that make a huge difference in sound!! im really condidering running one in my diesel as well for the 4 6.5"s in it.

MadMaxx61

Devilmaxx
Oct 13, 2008
Windsor, Ont, Canada

They are great speakers but over priced for what you get.

I miss my old Kapiton Audio speakers and amps they were under priced for what you got.