LML GMC 2500HD Rear Vibration

mackthehack

DUH...
Apr 16, 2007
^^^ Right on there.

Cocoa you did say two different things as cknight quoted and changed to red.

OP, like mentioned before have the stealership road force the wheels and tires. Take it for a spin on the same road(s) as previous where you noticed the vibration and maintain the same speed(s) as before. If the vibration is gone then good. If not, then try the sandbag or weight in the back trick and go for a spin as before with speed and road the same.

Cknight199

Aug 23, 2012
Salt Lake City, Utah
OP it also may be a good idea to try a different road. I know my truck is bouncy as hell on a section of the freeway near my house that has lips forming on the edges of the concrete slabs. but then I get to another section and its smooth sailing from there.:thumb:

mackthehack

DUH...
Apr 16, 2007
OP it also may be a good idea to try a different road. I know my truck is bouncy as hell on a section of the freeway near my house that has lips forming on the edges of the concrete slabs. but then I get to another section and its smooth sailing from there.:thumb:

Good thought and expansion joint bounce or beaming was mentioned before. But I assume the OP is experiencing a vibration and not the bounce/jounce or beaming.

tmeier1511

Apr 7, 2014
same issue

2013 Denali Deisel. I have the same issue. I just had them put Michilens all the way arround paid additional 1000.00 problem is the same or worse. 3800 miles. Have had the truck in 6 times. I traded a 06 3500 that had a better ride with no load. I'm about to put a lemon claim in. If I wanted a rough ride I would have bought a Ford.

cnc_hemi

Feb 15, 2014
Tell dealer to check the GM spec on how to balance them. I have a 2012 slt and had issues with it at above 70. They had to be force balanced. Or a special adaptor. GM issued a fix for this. It helped mine.

LSU TIGER FAN
2013 FUZION 310
2012 GMC 2500 HD SIERRA DURAMAX 6.6L

ryan415

Oct 24, 2012
We have had many issues with the new chassis and vibrations. We have also seen the same issue wether it be goodyears, bridgestones or michelins. Yes, match mounting them is a must and also be careful of what brand and how much tire lubricant they use. I have seen tires slip on the wheels after being mounted causing vibrations. It also seems any sort of vibration at all is amplified through the chassis as it is much more rigid than previous years.