GM Gauge Guy

Rwblaine82

Nov 29, 2011
I have used them. They have their own account on ebay too, I like it but it was a mistake, all the gauges works good now, I returned the cluster back twice now for warranty work due to lights flickering when hot. They told me to turn down my dimmer so iI did but cant see the mileage or other lights beside the cluster. Never again for me, waste of my money.

Maybe others had better luck? Im still searching for someone to repair the lighting in my cluster correctly, let me know if you find someone good. Thanks

jlawles2

Jan 28, 2010
Danbury, TX
I know they are not a vendor, but I have had good luck with my 04 cluster from USSpeedo. Fast and relatively cheap. Upgraded the cluster light for while they had it. I think I only paid for the led's. In and out same day they received it.

AdaMax

Nov 26, 2010
Caldwell , Oh
If it is just the stepper motors or lights you can do it yourself . Look it up on YouTube . Their pretty easy I did mine myself .

RedHotGMC

stock
Jan 16, 2012
Northern Utah
Ive had a gm gauge guy led conversion for almost two years,and no problems. He is local to me so it makes it a little easier. I had a dark blue at first and switched to a light blue because the dark blue was very very bright. The dimmer wouldnt dim enough and with the dimmer turned up it would almost light up the whole cab. Since I had them swap bulbs its been a lot better and no hotspots.

Combine Pilot

They Call Me Mike
Feb 7, 2010
Saskatchewan
Ive had a gm gauge guy led conversion for almost two years,and no problems. He is local to me so it makes it a little easier. I had a dark blue at first and switched to a light blue because the dark blue was very very bright. The dimmer wouldnt dim enough and with the dimmer turned up it would almost light up the whole cab. Since I had them swap bulbs its been a lot better and no hotspots.

I'd be interested in white led's in mine and I hope they aren't ridiculously bright. I want white to match my Isspro gauges. You got any pics of your light blue gauges? I sure wish I could find someone in Canada to do my dash for me. I just don't have the time or patience.

Last edited:

new york lly

I really do care!!
Feb 8, 2014
Buffalo NY
Hey how's it goin, I had multiple clusters from us speedo go bad,the last one the lighting was terrible...I purchased a aqua blue gauge face w/ the last cluster,but I just wasn't happy w/ the lighting it had some dark spots & looked kinda cheesy.i met up w/ Ben (D-Max Mafia) in Phoenix & he turned me onto the gauge guy.He did a great job replaced all the stepper motors & gave me some great white LEDs 2 go w/ that blue gauge face,looks awesome all for less than I paid for a remanned cluster from speedo...very happy thanks again to Ben! I would post some pics if I wasn't such a tech misfit!!! But I'll try 2 make that happen cuz it really looks great..hope this helps!!!

Silverado777

Jul 10, 2014
Op,

Thank your for your interest in GM Gauge Guy and thank you to those who have recommended my service.

I will be 100% honest we did have some issues with our LED supplier in the early days and some have been known to experience some flashing of the LEDs. This was cause by them being over powered by the 14+ volt charging system. I have since changed to a new supplier that has fixed the issue all together. However this is why I offer a lifetime warranty. If anyone has any issues with their lights that I installed please reach out to me so I can fix it for you.

If anyone has any questions please feel free to reach out to me.

Thanks,
Steve
GM Gauge Guy

madmanmike

Jan 13, 2016
GM Gauge Guys....Customer Service?

Just a heads up with GM Gauge Guys. They claim lifetime warranty. I had my cluster repaired by them and all was well. Approximately 2 years later, backlighting died. All of it. All gauges and "idiot" lights still work properly. I emailed GGG and advised of my troubles.

I went into detail as they probably know appropriate schematics by memory. I advised that at the plug, I had 12 volts at pin A11 dimmer backlight when multimetered to pin 12 Ground at lights on and no power when lights off. Steve writes back and tells me to check my headlight switch. ????? If switch is applying power to these wires, why check the switch?

I have asked other gauge repair dealers who advised I had pinpointed the problem which lies in the gauge cluster. Other emails to GGG have went unanswered. It simply seems if GGG wont make money on a project, they just ignore you, disregarding their "lifetime warranty". Had to vent on the horrible customer service somewhere and of course Ebay doesnt allow reviews so late in the game. Hope the word gets out and these tools go out of business.

Thanks for listening
Mike

Mar 28, 2015
Blue Springs, MO
If you can solder on a circuit board it only costs like $30 to do yourself. I have done several of these and I havent had any complaints. The new stepper motors (I believe the x27.168) are leaps and bounds better than the stock ones. Also, its a good idea to replace all of the lights while your in there. There are kits that include the stepper motors and lights on ebay.

madmanmike

Jan 13, 2016
Update: Speak to Mike Letcher. Not Steve. Steve is no help. Sent my Gauge under warranty. Had it back in a week working great. only 13 bucks shipping UPS 5 lb box. They cover the return ship.

036.6turbo

Jan 17, 2014
Hey how's it goin, I had multiple clusters from us speedo go bad,the last one the lighting was terrible...I purchased a aqua blue gauge face w/ the last cluster,but I just wasn't happy w/ the lighting it had some dark spots & looked kinda cheesy

We have a USSpeedo local to me. When I still had the LB7 motor in, I took the truck to them. $187.00 for a full rebuild. They R&R the cluster. I got the truck home, pulled in the garage and noticed a big dark area around the oil pressure gauge.

I never even shut the truck off, drove back to their place, they fixed it.

Two months later more lights burned out, went back again, again they fixed it.

When I swapped the LB7 for the LBZ, the cluster had dark spots again, but I didn't worry too much about it, because I knew I needed the LBZ cluster.

When I pulled the trim on my dash, I was surprised to see there were no screws holding the cluster in place. It was just sitting on the plastic pins.

USSpeedo will not get anymore of my money.

With the US dollar so strong against the Canadian dollar, the USSpeedo location near me is always packed with used cars that are brought over by wholesalers for resale in the US. USSpeedo does the conversion on them.

They really don't have time, for average the guy off of the street.