GM being sued over Duramax engine emissions:

Novak

SQUIRREL TRYN TO GET A NUT
Jun 15, 2015
Cloud 9, IDAHO
I don't like it when people slam my doors and I always pressure wash it off before I scrub it with the soap brush. My LMM is also "meticulously maintained" 50K taking serious offers only.

Back to topic...I know "common sense" isn't a legal term but in my experience on a cold start I don't think anything would pass...it sounds like one person couldn't get there truck to pass a smog test and found a hungry legal team because the department of justice and EPA aren't commenting on anything.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jlawles2

Jan 28, 2010
Danbury, TX
I wonder if they are doing this to try and get the whistleblower reward?

That is provided the whistleblower reward does exist.

Oaks Landscape

May 30, 2017
im sorry my truck blows huge cloud fogs of white smoke that smells like decaying flesh and im too broke for injector replacement, cant help it :(

joshd472

Oct 10, 2016
Say all this was true and passed. Why would it hurt the value of a used Duramax? I'm not being a smart ass, just need it dumbed down for me. I'm from Mississippi :roflmao:

ripmf666

Sep 20, 2006
Wentzville Mo
Bs when the issue with VW came up we were about to release the baby Dmax for sale. We could not ship any diesel from our plant. The EPA tested us before allowing us to ship.

oscyjack

May 7, 2016
Northeast
It probably is bs. If not I'd be impressed by gm honestly. At least it's further recognition that current legislation on emissions is based in fantasy

2004LB7

Dec 15, 2010
Norcal
If this (GM) and Dodge emissions defeat turns out to be true, the question would be "why"

If the current emissions laws are unattainable then it is likely Ford, isuzu, etc are in this too. It is unlikely that the other big players are meeting the epa regulations and GM and Dodge cant figure out how and had to figure out how to "trick" the test.

So, if all the others are also doing the same then there is going to be some big changes coming. It is possible that they may relax the regulations but it is more likely that everything will get a lot worse. We may see the big three pull out of the diesel market all together. The only on road diesels will be the big rigs (maybe) and the trucks already on the road that dont get recalled and crushed

I am betting this is just a couple of wackos jumping on the bandwagon trying to get a payout

dski165

Jul 25, 2015
California is broke Gotta get money from somewhere for the Illegals and freeloaders and not the freeloaders that Mr Gov Brown calls the working taxpayers in his state!