Gave the truck some good good lovin

RENODMAX

Dead Wrong
Mar 4, 2008
Gave the truck some love today. Started by taking my HD bumper and stripping all the crappy duplicolor bedliner off of it, sanding it down with 40 grit paper, shooting a self etch primer followed by a few fat coats of 2k primer. Then I scratched the 2k with 80 grit, tacked it down and shot it with this raptor liner stuff. Big thanks to Ted (big angry) for the info on this stuff when I asked questions about it. I had some left over liner mixed so I shot the insides of my rear fender wells and my traction bars which were beginning to peel and rust. The overall outcome is awesome, especially because I have about $130 into everything, and still have two quarts of raptor liner left over. I highly recommend this stuff! After I get my camper shell on and wash it tomorrow I will add some pictures that werent taken with my POS iPhone.

Attachments

• liner 2.jpg
    liner 2.jpg
    163.6 KB · Views: 128
  • lined bars.jpg
    lined bars.jpg
    130 KB · Views: 122
  • wheel wells.jpg
    wheel wells.jpg
    137.5 KB · Views: 114
  • liner.jpg
    liner.jpg
    140.7 KB · Views: 137
Last edited:

Burn Down

Hotrodder
Sep 14, 2008
Boise Idaho
Looks great! I have a Road Armor moose catcher that I have been wanting to do this to, just didn't want to pay some one 600 bucks. Waiting for more pics.

RENODMAX

Dead Wrong
Mar 4, 2008
Looks great! I have a Road Armor moose catcher that I have been wanting to do this to, just didn't want to pay some one 600 bucks. Waiting for more pics.

Its good stuff. I won't be getting my camper shell until mid next week. I'll try and take pics later today

RENODMAX

Dead Wrong
Mar 4, 2008
Dumped the exhaust over the axle today to keep soot off the body

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk.jpg
    27.5 KB · Views: 46

RENODMAX

Dead Wrong
Mar 4, 2008
Also built a 3" downpipe for my stocker, as nobody builds one for the Cali flange trucks, and I think the one we built will flow pretty well. Big thanks to Cody for doing most of the fab work. He got all into the zone and welded while I cut, fit, etc. The bell mouth on this sucker is HUGE

RENODMAX

Dead Wrong
Mar 4, 2008
Stealth is good :D. Downpipe turned out pretty sweet.

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk.jpg
    28.6 KB · Views: 40

RENODMAX

Dead Wrong
Mar 4, 2008
Looks sharp! Cody Cavin helped you?

Yeah. Ive been helping him with stuff on his truck so when I told him I was building a downpipe he said that he wanted to help. We put an auxillary filter in his truck a week or so ago and I tuned his truck a few weeks ago. Pretty sweet mod for $50 worth of material.

RENODMAX

Dead Wrong
Mar 4, 2008
Have you put it on yet? Notice any performance difference?
Hows his truck doing? Tell him hello fo me

The downpipe made a good difference. More mid range and top end as well as an egt drop of an average of 100 degrees. Totally worth it