gauges or lift pump

outcast

Jan 27, 2014
mo
Hey guys newbie here with a newbie question.
Im goin to get efi live from Duramaxtuner with my tax money and edge insight cts and a lift pump. But i cant afford the lift pump and gauges all at once.Which would be the best one to buy first. Its a dd/farm truck and weekend fun truck. So what do you gauges or lift pump first.
Thanks for any info

outcast

Jan 27, 2014
mo
I'm getting rid of the tiny stock tires and getting some 285's that's y I'm getting efi live first to correct the Speedo and thanks for advice ill get the edge insight cts first

c20elephant

C20ELEPHANT
Apr 25, 2013
Phoenix, Arizona
I'm reluctant to install EFI modifications to raise torque or HP although I do have a V2 and disabled the EGR, changed the speedo, raised the speed limiter, disabled the intake heater.

From reading through this site and a number of other diesel sites and the well known tuner sites for their terms and conditions EGT gauges, transgo kit are now high priority before changing the tuning. Not only can you ruin your transmission but high EGT's can grenade a motor if not monitored closely. Now I need to decide where (gauges) I will install them, above the rear view mirror seems to be the least obstructed, or the Edge CTS seems to be a good alternative with the EGT expansion.

Last edited:

Kappa9012

MAN.... I Broke it again.
Aug 5, 2008
Peoria Il
trans upgrades make a night and day difference in how the truck runs.... Both of my dmaxs felt stronger after a trans upgrade with no change in power.