EFILive Gas tuners

GRNASTY

Feb 17, 2013
vector .... my 06 tbss 2wd with 20's went 13.55 1/4 in sc summer

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CkcPFSyi9UI&list=UUZRd2NWq0i1hhpgrB9BF3iA&index=20

had a bs hyper tech on my 8.1 all t did was raise speed limiter i got 123 mph out of it

ive made abt 1,200 with the tbss in grudge races ,,, but im changing a few things up now! camaro is a 99 ss vert #405 m6 with bolt ons no tune 21kmiles

Picture188-1.jpg

Last edited:

x MadMAX DIESEL

<<<< No Horsepower
Dec 30, 2008
Lexington, Ky
I've heard of blackbear on another site. Is he a member hear? One local guy wanted 300 for a single tune, I think that's way too high. If I can't find anyone cheaper, do you think torque management and shift points would be the best thing to start messing around with?

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

TDFDiesel

I'm That Guy
Jan 6, 2011
Mesa, AZ
Blackbear is in Cali and is a gasser guy, doubt he'd be on here.

Justin at Blackbear Performance. He seems to be the most widely known EFI Live tuner.

hondarider552

Getting faster
May 28, 2008
Arizona
do you think torque management and shift points would be the best thing to start messing around with?

Yes. I don't have any torque management in my Colorado but it's also a 5 cylinder, not a V8, but the 4l60 will be fine. I upped the shift points to 6500rpm(stock was like 6300), and raised the timing until I have some low RPM rattle and backed it off 2*. You can also mess around with the power enrichment, but I would use a A/F gauge to see where it's at. My Colorado stock was like 15.5, now it's 13.5.

blk smoke lb7

<-----Lots of green $
Nov 8, 2010
belvidere,ill
Blackbear sucks,their customer service is terrible and if you have a problem you cant call you have to wait for an e mail back tried to get my neighbors truck tuned and after messing around to 2 months he said just get my money back and that was another issue.

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
Blackbear sucks,their customer service is terrible and if you have a problem you cant call you have to wait for an e mail back tried to get my neighbors truck tuned and after messing around to 2 months he said just get my money back and that was another issue.

No kiddin. My buddy just finally got his 8.1 tuned with an autocal and what bitch it was to get answers from the guy. It took 6 months from start to finish and we are talking changes that are ten min fixes.

blk smoke lb7

<-----Lots of green $
Nov 8, 2010
belvidere,ill
No kiddin. My buddy just finally got his 8.1 tuned with an autocal and what bitch it was to get answers from the guy. It took 6 months from start to finish and we are talking changes that are ten min fixes.
I know they are good and all but come on they could get a hole lot more done if they had someone to screan the calls.Just terrible.

x MadMAX DIESEL

<<<< No Horsepower
Dec 30, 2008
Lexington, Ky
Good info so far. I haven't even looked at the stock tune yet. I tried to get a qoute for a dyno tune but they couldn't fit the truck in the shop door lmao. Classic car guys I guess

TDFDiesel

I'm That Guy
Jan 6, 2011
Mesa, AZ
Yes. I don't have any torque management in my Colorado but it's also a 5 cylinder, not a V8, but the 4l60 will be fine. I upped the shift points to 6500rpm(stock was like 6300), and raised the timing until I have some low RPM rattle and backed it off 2*. You can also mess around with the power enrichment, but I would use a A/F gauge to see where it's at. My Colorado stock was like 15.5, now it's 13.5.

I thought you ran a Blackbear tune....

kjp800

-
Aug 6, 2008
New Jersey
I've heard of blackbear on another site. Is he a member hear? One local guy wanted 300 for a single tune, I think that's way too high. If I can't find anyone cheaper, do you think torque management and shift points would be the best thing to start messing around with?

That's what I did with my 5.3, made a fairly decent difference and wasn't hard to do at all. I have been getting the itch to start playing with the engine though,

X2 on blackbear, I've tried contacting him with no luck

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az

how can you get rattle when the knock sensor will stop any rattle before its audible by your ears?

I know they are good and all but come on they could get a hole lot more done if they had someone to screan the calls.Just terrible.

exactly. I will say. it took his truck from not being able to tow in 5th gear with 18k on the back to being able to hold 5th on the flats and rises no problem. his truck runs fricken awesome now, its just trying to get stuff from them is like trying to get brian to remember what you told him 10 minutes ago :roflmao:

blk smoke lb7

<-----Lots of green $
Nov 8, 2010
belvidere,ill
how can you get rattle when the knock sensor will stop any rattle before its audible by your ears?

exactly. I will say. it took his truck from not being able to tow in 5th gear with 18k on the back to being able to hold 5th on the flats and rises no problem. his truck runs fricken awesome now, its just trying to get stuff from them is like trying to get brian to remember what you told him 10 minutes ago :roflmao:
:spit:

TROJAN366

Gold Rush
Jan 13, 2012
MASS
Slowhawk performance is in the town next to me. He puts out some pretty impressive cars and I had some personal experience when he tuned my 05 5.3 silverado. It went from very lackluster to spinning at a 25mph roll after he put on a 93 octane tune. He live tuned my truck but I know he sent an ecm for a friend of mine that did a vortec swap into an RX7

Last edited by a moderator:

NC-smokinlmm

<<<Future tuna killer
May 29, 2011
At Da Beach
I've flashed in a few Black Bear tunes and I was impressed. The data log they had me do of the truck was excessive though, I had to log 20 something pids for an hour of operation at all engine rpms under load. It felt like it took forever...