G/N owners report???

Buck'sLMM

Spark Plugs Suck!
Mar 3, 2010
DuBois, PA
Looking into any number of manufactures for my next G/N trailer. Looking for a tri-axle min 6,000lb pre axle and 30ft flat deck no beaver tail.

Anyone have something like this they would like to comment about it s quality, construction, customer service?

Also anyone running a deck over the neck and is it worth it?

The three trailers i am looking at right now are a gator made, big tex, and feather light.

This trailer will be used to transport gas well skids to well heads all over PA.

maxaholic

Dec 6, 2008
Central, Texas
May I ask why tri axle. And if I was to suggest a trailer it would be from Custom Built. We have a tandem dual that is 30ft made by them. It has hauled tractors big 4x4 square bales and has not tweaked the frame one bit. It has been doing that type of work reguarly now for 6+ years. It has no bridging or a torque tube.

Buck'sLMM

Spark Plugs Suck!
Mar 3, 2010
DuBois, PA
Want to stay away from tandem duals because that just screams "pull me over, im over my max GCVW!!!" I know its better to run tandem duals but for weight of the skids i will be hauling an 18-21,000lb tri-axle will be more then enough.

plus im only a SRW so it would look really funny pullin a 30ft 28,000lb dual tandem behind it!

maxaholic

Dec 6, 2008
Central, Texas
You need to come to Texas. That is the only way we do anything. Everything gets way overloaded. But serious I talked to the owners son at our last pull and he said they have some new super single tires and wheels for dual axlesthat will hold more than tandem duals. But I think he said the tires and wheels for them were pretty high.

Buck'sLMM

Spark Plugs Suck!
Mar 3, 2010
DuBois, PA
i know it will see more weight then what its rated for as all trailers do. But the skids only weigh from 10,000 to 14,000lb...and believe me i have been to Texas and hauled through there plenty of times but these are short runs around my home town for the new marcelise shale plays.

And i just feel i will get more hassle from the "man" if i get a dual tandem. and super single tires and wheels are a lot more $$$ but do last longer and hold more weight.

Dalyfarms

Jan 12, 2010
Centrailia Mo
Just in my experiance, hauling cattle, I have been really impressed with Travelong trailers, they set their axels a little farther back and it makes the ride fantastic, no jumping bucking or swaying. like I get from other trailers. You might consider that when looking at trailers or having one custom built.

LT1BRD

sidelines expert
Mar 25, 2009
San Angelo, TX
something to consider with super singles... i used to work at the Goodyear proving grounds and i asked one of the truck drivers what he thought about them. he said the only thing he doesn't like is that if one fails, your down until you get it fixed.

maxthis

Jun 14, 2007
Southeastern, Indiana

2nd that...I love mine!
4358525601_c635fe7b13.jpg

Last edited:

JoshH

Daggum farm truck
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 14, 2007
Texas!!!
You gotta watch those pierced frame trailers. If they get loaded too heavy, the tires can rub the steel plates that are over the tires. If you're hauling something flammable (like hay), it can cause it to catch fire.

JOHNBOY

< Rocking the Big Single!
Aug 30, 2006
Saegertown, Pa
You gotta watch those pierced frame trailers. If they get loaded too heavy, the tires can rub the steel plates that are over the tires. If you're hauling something flammable (like hay), it can cause it to catch fire.

Moritz offers them both ways. Mine is not that way. It cost me about 6" in height but I am not fond of the steel plates over tires either.

Attachments

• IMGP0994.jpg
    IMGP0994.jpg
    280.9 KB · Views: 51

ILduramax

Jul 9, 2007
Are the moritz trailers priced comparably to the corn pro and pj trailers?

Those are my two favorites right now. Dad and I will be looking to go together and buy one some time in the future to use around the farm and if all goes to plan for hauling my truck to pulls some time in the future.

Last edited:

1chevy02

Jun 23, 2009
I personally know some guys that work at pj and I have went through their factory and it is impressive! I think their quality is pretty good and contrary to popular belief they are not all built in Mexico.

Jordan

Feb 17, 2011
If you are going to be getting into any tight spots, or soft ground I would def go with the tandem duals over the triple! They cost more up front but are worth it! You can peel a tire right off the rim on a tripple due to the excessive scrubbing when making really tight turns.

Big Block 88

Multiple choice muscle
Nov 3, 2008
Kansas when I am home
I've had great luck with my Load Max 32' tandem dual. Pierced beam is to dangerous for hauling hay with the way we load them. Tripple singles are nice to pull tell you get in a tight spot or have a blow out. I have tripple 7k's on my pental hitch 32 footer and I have had a sequentail blowout before, was loaded pretty good and the rear most tire gave out on the driver side then the passenger side rear then the lead axle the middle tires held for some reason and kept trucking on the shoulder. I was loaded with 290 85lb bales of brome so around 25k weight on the trailer. So just run a good bias ply I haven't been able to make radials live for long on my tri axle