25.3 KB · Views: 270
  • FB_IMG_1460503358830.jpg
    FB_IMG_1460503358830.jpg
    87.6 KB · Views: 277

DefiantArms

Limp Mode Cowboy
Jan 28, 2016
St. Augustine, FL
To bad most of those young pipeliners are out of a job now because of the oil prices lol. I know a handful of people in the oil industry and those that still have jobs are trying to hang onto them while they can. Cheap oil isn't good for everybody.

Yea that sucks man I'm no pipeliner just thought it was funny and knew some of y'all on here do it. Look into jobs in Iraq and Afghanistan if y'all are in need of a job. Plenty out there :thumb:

OregonDMAX

NOT IN OREGON, NO DURAMAX
Apr 28, 2013
Goodyear, AZ
Funny thing is the guy that went to college probably still has a job :roflmao:

You can't bet your "career" on oil prices, with some kind of education you will always have a job.

c20elephant

C20ELEPHANT
Apr 25, 2013
Phoenix, Arizona
Me, I have an eighth grade education (my writing should be a clue), my Father grew up in Nebraska and might have made it to 7th grade and ran a successful General Contracting Company here in Phoenix for 40 years with a minimum of 5 men and upwards of 40 in those 40 years, so education is not always indicative of success or always having a job...:thumb:

OregonDMAX

Apr 28, 2013
Goodyear, AZ
Me, I have an eighth grade education (my writing should be a clue), my Father grew up in Nebraska and might have made it to 7th grade and ran a successful General Contracting Company here in Phoenix for 40 years with a minimum of 5 men and upwards of 40 in those 40 years, so education is not always indicative of success or always having a job...:thumb:

It is now,
my father did the same thing. No school past 8th grade and built a very successful company from the ground up.

but times have changed and unless you only want to do manual unskilled labor you have to have some sort of education.

fastpunker

adrenaline junkie
Feb 7, 2012
Lake Havasu City, AZ
Yea that sucks man I'm no pipeliner just thought it was funny and knew some of y'all on here do it. Look into jobs in Iraq and Afghanistan if y'all are in need of a job. Plenty out there :thumb:

Nope, I am on the educated side of that equation... I have quite the background to fall back on if things go tits up :roflmao: It is a funny comparison though!

Funny thing is the guy that went to college probably still has a job :roflmao:

You can't bet your "career" on oil prices, with some kind of education you will always have a job.

^^exactly!! the young pipeliners fall subject to the "get rich quick" schemes... money comes hard and fast, but doesn't last :rofl:

NC-smokinlmm

<<<Future tuna killer
May 29, 2011
At Da Beach
It is now,
my father did the same thing. No school past 8th grade and built a very successful company from the ground up.

but times have changed and unless you only want to do manual unskilled labor you have to have some sort of education.

Bullshit...

I have 2 degrees and have never used either. I wish I had just skipped the 6 year party and went straight to work. I'd be a lot further along, I own my business and I "labor" both physical and mental. Anybody who has a successful business has labored at it I can assure you. This idea of education replacing life expirence is a crock of shit, nothing replaces actually putting your hands and back to work...

Rant over, sorry, I just hate always hearing "education" is the answer, most things needed for success aren't in any book...

OregonDMAX

Apr 28, 2013
Goodyear, AZ
Bullshit...

I have 2 degrees and have never used either. I wish I had just skipped the 6 year party and went straight to work. I'd be a lot further along, I own my business and I "labor" both physical and mental. Anybody who has a successful business has labored at it I can assure you. This idea of education replacing life expirence is a crock of shit, nothing replaces actually putting your hands and back to work...

Rant over, sorry, I just hate always hearing "education" is the answer, most things needed for success aren't in any book...

I didn't say it was impossible but for most of the people entering the workforce it's not going to happen. I know I would never be where I am today if I hadn't gotten an education. But then again trade schools get you alot further in life than regular college degrees.

DAVe3283

Heavy & Slow
Sep 3, 2009
Boise, ID, USA
I'm in the camp with two degrees, and I wouldn't do it over. I'd start my own business, or have gone to a trade school and worked blue collar. I wouldn't be where I am now, but I would make nearly the same money, wouldn't still be in debt from school, and would probably enjoy my work as much if not more.

To avoid completely derailing this thread, here's a funny pic, at least from a programmer's perspective.
9c8df794d491a8b600e6eedf4e6f95db.jpg

Sent from my FlashScan V2

IOWA LLY

Yes, its really me
Feb 23, 2007
Bullshit...

This!!^^^^^

I know more unsuccessful people with college degrees then unsuccessful people without.

I'm certainly not saying college is bad. And of course basic education is crucial. But to many people go to college and simply learn a few things.....

1- Vote democrat.

2- Your going to college so your automatically gong to be successful, wealthy, and not have to work hard physically.

And 3- Vote democrat.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk