Fuelab lift pumps

c20elephant

C20ELEPHANT
Apr 25, 2013
Phoenix, Arizona
ripmf666, how many per 100 units of the Airdog and the FASS units are returned for warranty in the first two years? The fuel labs unit has some features about it that are superior to the AD and the FASS lift pump, may have to reconsider what lift pump I buy.

ripmf666

Sep 20, 2006
Wentzville Mo
ripmf666, how many per 100 units of the Airdog and the FASS units are returned for warranty in the first two years? The fuel labs unit has some features about it that are superior to the AD and the FASS lift pump, may have to reconsider what lift pump I buy.

I have not had a customer need to return a Fass or Ad pump.

farmtrucklb7

Duragon
Apr 29, 2012
Meaford Ont Canada
When I spoke to Josh from fuelab at a trade show he told me that they were a flow threw, however I forgot to turn it on while waiting to pull and my truck shut off, I would say it is not a flow threw

x MadMAX DIESEL

<<<< No Horsepower
Dec 30, 2008
Lexington, Ky
When I spoke to Josh from fuelab at a trade show he told me that they were a flow threw, however I forgot to turn it on while waiting to pull and my truck shut off, I would say it is not a flow threw

I accidently forgot to turn mine on also. Half way down the track I looked at the gauge reading 0 psi... Flipped it on after that. But checking the log it was still holding full rp. Idk how, maybe I don't need a lift pump to begin with lol.

c20elephant

C20ELEPHANT
Apr 25, 2013
Phoenix, Arizona
DESCRIPTION:
Finally a durable diesel lift pump system that filters fuel with maintaining high flow rates to the injection pump with minimal pressure drop. The Velocity 200 is a performance upgrade that not only increases your performance by keeping that vital supply of fuel to the injection pump, it also filters out debris down to 4 microns. The pump utilizes the newer technology of direct flow, commonly referred to as "flow-through", pump delivery. Unlike older technology gerotor designs, the flow-through pump of the Velocity uses the actual fuel inside the pump, which in turn keeps the pump and motor cool. Because the pump is controlled by a micro-processor equipped circuit board the Velocity is provides consistent fuel pressure during all operation parameters for peak performance. The Velocity pump is moves fuel at a high volume while maintaining a lower PSI than competing similar fuel pump systems.

The Velocity 200 has a vortec air chamber that removes air from the fuel supplying your injection pump with pure diesel fuel. The Velocity 200 is also is equipped with a replaceable water separator. Additionally the Velocity 200 is outfitted with a pressure port for installing a fuel pressure gauge. The Velocity 200 also boasts a two spped pump which can be switched from running at 50% or at full power to supply you with 200 GPH.

Because the Velocity lift pump has several vehicle applications, it does not come with an installation kit. We offer the Velocity with and with out the installation kit. Please choose accordingly.

KEY FEATURES:
• 200 GPH consistent fuel supply
• Flow-through, brushless pump design (fuel cools motor) for longer pump life
• Compact and lightweight
• Superior consistent flow rates
• Electronic speed controls
• Low current draw
• No shaft seals to fail
• 4 micron filtration
• Accepts many different brand filters
• Longer Injector life
• Increased Injection Pump life
• Superior consistent flow rates
• Whisper Quiet Operation!!!
• Mounts to frame, no drilling required
• Includes filter, installation kit sold separately
• 2 Year manufacturers warranty

NOTES:
While this unit comes with a 4 micron rated filter, you can use different micron rating filters. Keep in mind that if you move to a tighter rated filter, such as a 2 micron, the filter will be trapping more particulate and thus require more frequent filter changes. If the filter starts to become overly restricted, the system will not have adequate fuel inside to keep it cool. Therefore we strongly encourage you to have a real-time fuel pressure gauge on board so you can monitor possible supply restrictions which could cause damage to the pump.
APPLICATIONS:
2001-2010 Chevy/GM 2500/3500 Trucks with 6.6L Duramax Diesel

The most advanced diesel lift pump system available on the market today. Includes a speed controllable dc brushless pump, Vortex Air Separation technology, and fuel filtration with water separation to provide pure diesel fuel to the injector pump for optimal performance.
Show Details30304
Item-details

Pump Features:
  • Diesel fuel compatible
  • High efficiency sling vane positive displacement pump
  • Special housing shape for extremely quiet operation and steady pressure
  • Carbon 9-vane Construction with pressure balanced rotor for high reliability
  • Backed by a 2-year limited warranty

-
-
Motor Features:
  • Lightweight super-efficient DC brushless motor reduces current draw
  • Low mass rotor for high speed reaction to changes in speed and flow
  • Powerful high flux density Neodymium rare earth magnets
  • No motor brushes to wear out or corrode (low-Sulfur diesel, no problem)
  • Wet motor design, no dynamic shaft seals that can wear out

Electronic Features:
  • Internal Speed control for variable flow operation
  • 12 to 16 volt vehicle electrical system compatibility
  • Accepts PWM input for speed control
  • Continuous duty–motor speed can be adjusted for appropriate demand

Construction Features:
  • Compact, lightweight design
  • Vortex Air Separation Chamber
  • Pre-set check valve at 8psi
  • Superior valve design and components for stable pressure
  • Billet Aluminum Construction with anodize per MIL-A-8625, Type II
  • High quality mounting brackets that mount directly to frame – no drilling
  • Long-life, multi-fuel compatible Fluorosilicone static seals
  • Accepts standard or port style –10AN fittings
  • Standard canister style filter with water separation feature
  • Install kits sold separately

Last edited:

farmtrucklb7

Duragon
Apr 29, 2012
Meaford Ont Canada
Yep thats exactly what Josh told me, I just know my truck shut off when I forgot to turn it on lol, I would buy another one for sure for a future project, so far so good but I haven't even gotten a fuel tank of fuel threw it. its on my dedicated pull truck

x MadMAX DIESEL

<<<< No Horsepower
Dec 30, 2008
Lexington, Ky
Yep thats exactly what Josh told me, I just know my truck shut off when I forgot to turn it on lol, I would buy another one for sure for a future project, so far so good but I haven't even gotten a fuel tank of fuel threw it. its on my dedicated pull truck

They told me not to run it full power all the time. Run it at 70%, I have a full power switch but I don't seem to need it.

x MadMAX DIESEL

<<<< No Horsepower
Dec 30, 2008
Lexington, Ky
No you have it running full power as it is. Now that I think about it when it's powered it runs to 70%, not grounded. Cause I remember thinking about putting some type of reference signal on it to add pump speed when I started moving. But just went with a simple toggle switch. It's about 4 psi difference I believe in power how I have my regulator adjusted.

Josh@Fuelab

Jul 24, 2014
When the 200gph systems were first released, low speed was 50%. We've since changed that to 40%. I don't remember the exact date off hand, but it was quite a while ago. If the truck is streetable, low speed is plenty of fuel. The 100gph kits are single speed. Something to keep in mind is that the 100gph and 200gph ratings are not only at pressure (not free flow) but usually a shade on the modest side.

The 100gph systems are good for about 500hp and the 200gph systems are good for nearly 2000hp with the add-on regulator.

If you use the Fuelab install kit, the harness is configured such that it (the 200gph system) will be in reduced speed mode constantly.

If the center (yellow) terminal is grounded, the pump will be in reduced speed mode. When you remove that ground, it will be in full speed mode. Again, if the truck is remotely streetable, low speed is more than enough fuel. There might be an exception, but I've yet to hear about it. You can also send a PWM signal to that center terminal and have variable speed out of the pump, but it's very rare to see a diesel customer do that. That's a feature that I see used very often in the gas market, where aftermarket ECU's (which have PWM output capability) are relatively common in a drag/track car.

Depending on the amount of fuel your truck needs/the mods you've done, the injector pump may be able to pull enough fuel through a pump that is not running. There's obviously a limit as to how much the injector pump can pull through though- that would be my assumption as to why some trucks will still run while others will not. The pump is flow through, but there's a limit as to how much can actually be pulled through it by an injector pump.

We were able to lower our prices some. However, we are still a bit more than the competitors. There's really no way around that. A brushless motor and the driver/controller cost much more to manufacture than a standard brushed motor. We'll never be able to match them in price, but we will surpass them in performance and reliability.

There was some mention about the install kits as well. It is true, you do need to purchase an install kit or DIY. There's a couple of reasons for that. Some people prefer to DIY rather than buy a kit. Additionally, we give you the option of a full install kit or a switch-out kit. The switch-out kit is for those that have already upgraded to larger lines and fittings from a previous install of a performance lift pump. That kit just provides the fittings you need, while allowing you to re-use a lot of the old install parts.

If anyone has any tech related questions, feel free to contact me. I am not here for sales support though- please keep it tech, install, or troubleshooting related.

LWATSON

future trans limpers
Jul 30, 2008
Scotland Neck NC
Thanks for coming on here and posting, I already have a toggle installed for my super diesel pump. I was planing to use it to run the pump at full flow for the track only. Sounds like this won't be necessary with my setup?

Josh@Fuelab

Jul 24, 2014
A toggle to remove the ground is what a lot of the street/strip or street/sled guys do. You may or may not need it, but short runs of extra fuel isn't going to hurt anything. In the case of the drag strip or pulling a sled, it's better to have and not need than need and not have.

LWATSON

future trans limpers
Jul 30, 2008
Scotland Neck NC
The pump is on, the new found pressure has cause my WIF sensor to start leaking so Dustin is going to delete the factory fuel filter head. Hopefully the filter on the fuelab pump will be sufficient? I think he also installed a draw straw? don't know what that is and didn't ask. When I get the truck back I'll post up some pics. Also he didn't need the install kit because I already had a lift pump and there were things already in place that the kit included. He only needed a couple pieces from the hardware store.