fuel rail pressure

sjgw29

Jul 17, 2014
So I have a 02 lb7 with 145k on it. It has efi live and I installed a edge cts monitor. My truck seems to have a lope in idle. According to the gauge the frp goes up to 6.5k and then down to 4.8k. Is this a bad fuel pressure regulator?

sjgw29

Jul 17, 2014
Possibly, yes. Throw in some tcw3 2 cycle oil at the next fill up. 20oz or so.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've been using Lucas complete fuel treatment the last two fill ups. Should I still use the 2 cycle? Or just keep using the lucas?

e46_330i

Jun 26, 2013
Youngsville, NC
I have exact same issue and also using the Edge CS.. So interested in reading this post... can I ask what this tcw3 2 cycle oil does? also is it just 2-stroke motorcycle oil?

Tcw3 is a rating.. Ashless. Only use tcw3. It's outboard oil. Lubes the injection system.

You are using edge cs tuning. He is using the cts insight. It's just a gauge. He has efi tuning. Not the same.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
your FPR is bad. the 2 stroke oil is a temporary fix and is by no means guaranteed to help alleviate the issued

Dynospeed

Aug 23, 2014
Mine does the same thing. Normally worse on first start ups. Ill see 9k rail pressure while companding mid 4.5k. Can a lbz reg be easily installed?

NKlamerus

Jan 31, 2014
Same here.

However sometimes it also revs up a thousand or so rpm right after I put it in park.

bkos2000

Sep 1, 2014
So would a idle fuel pressure of over 24 k on a 02 lb7 be a good indication of a bad fpr also. Just did a complete injector/lines replacement and wastrying to decide if the fpsensor may have contaminates or the regulator....flippin girlfriends son dumped dr pepper soda and ater in my tank....thoughts...need help here.

Shane&VanessaUK

Jul 29, 2014
UK North Lincolnshire
thanks for the info E46 330I very helpful, Yeah I know the EFi is a tuning device I don't have, just my bad wording.. basically I mean't I'm seeing exact same figures on my Edge CS monitor and can hear it lope anyway.. just wondered if its worth sorting.. especially as I have issues everywhere in my truck lol!!

Mstoner6989

May 13, 2013
Fpr??

I am fairly new to the duramax world, i saw you mentioned FPR may be bad and causing a fluctuation in fuel rail pressure. my truck is having this same problem an the dealer just tells me that is my running and there is nothing they can do, they won't even really look at my truck now since it has that on it. i have a 2003 2500hd with efi running my fuel rail pressure will go from 4.5 to 6. something