Fuel neck not flowing right

Duramaxduner

Oct 28, 2013
I just started having a problem when filling up my truck. The fuel doesnt flow into the tank fast enough and I have the stand out in the cold and hold the pump handle really slowly or it will just come up and the pump will stop. It doesnt matter which way I hold it. I never had the problem before?

LBZ

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 2, 2007
B.C.
I tied my slip tank into the vent tube with a "T" and mine is a slow filler too. Never would have thought that slight bit of restriction would have caused it to do this. I can get it to fill normally but only half clicked on the nozzle or I gotta place it just right in the hole.

Duramaxduner

Oct 28, 2013
I did the lift pump about 4 months ago and yes I did cut through the filler neck to put that T in there, but it doesn't look kinked.

RPM Motorsports

smokinum
May 13, 2008
Central Valley Ca.
I did the lift pump about 4 months ago and yes I did cut through the filler neck to put that T in there, but it doesn't look kinked.

There is a small tube that runs through the center of the filler neck, about 3/4" dia. If you cut through, nicked, cracked or even looked at it funny while installing the AD "T", there is your issue..

JoshH

Daggum farm truck
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 14, 2007
Texas!!!
There is a small tube that runs through the center of the filler neck, about 3/4" dia. If you cut through, nicked, cracked or even looked at it funny while installing the AD "T", there is your issue..

I'm not sure exactly when they changed it, but his LMM won have that setup. I think they stopped that after the LB7. They now have an external vent hose.

plowboy_lbz

Farmer
Aug 6, 2013
Mine doesn't have an inner tube in the filler neck, and if it did how would you get the T for in the AD return into the filler neck?

Its either your vent, or where you've got your AD return T placed in the filler neck. I have to place the nozzle just right otherwise mine will shut off the pump off, never did this until I installed the AD return. Also depends on if your leave the truck running or shut it off during fueling.

sweetdiesel

That's better
Aug 6, 2006
Thailand
I tied my slip tank into the vent tube with a "T" and mine is a slow filler too. Never would have thought that slight bit of restriction would have caused it to do this. I can get it to fill normally but only half clicked on the nozzle or I gotta place it just right in the hole.

That's what she said :D

Duramaxduner

Oct 28, 2013
HMMM yes it does have the external tube.....I always leave it running for fill ups, I guess I will try shutting it off and see what happens... Thanks for your input.