Fuel Leak

paint94979

Beer Nazi
Sep 18, 2006
What happens exactly when the filter head goes bad? I have fuel just sitting on top of my filter housing. I thought it could be coming from the bleeder screw but I replaced the oring and its still leaking. Any insight?

LBZ

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 2, 2007
B.C.
Ya.
Throw that piece of shit in the garbage and put a seperate CAT fuel filter inline with a new aftermarket housing-not a GM one.
Mine does the same thing. It's not going back in with the new engine.

LBZ

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 2, 2007
B.C.
Naw. I wanna get rid of it anyways. More room for twins!

bluecollar

Feb 28, 2012
ia
Its most likely the oring between the housing and plunger assembly.. its a tapered oring i just put a regular oring on mine

Last edited:

DieselBulldog10

Go Bulldogs!
Jan 16, 2009
Oakdale, Ca
I am glad I saw this. I just rebuilt mine about 6-7 months ago and now I have the same problem you described. I couldn't figure out where it was coming from. I had the ppe bleeder screw tight and it still leaked. I might just throw it out and get a new one.

Hot COCOAL

May the farce be with you
Jun 9, 2012
Ok, I'm an idiot sure, and I know more filtration is better, to a point. But if you are running a lift pump with dual filters that take the H2O out and particles out down to 2micron, why leave the factory filter head on, isn't it just a flow restriction at that point?

Flame suit on

Last edited:

blk smoke lb7

<-----Lots of green $
Nov 8, 2010
belvidere,ill
Ok, I'm an idiot sure, and I know more filtration is better, to a point. But if you are running a lift pump with dual filters that take the H2O out and particles out down to 2micron, why leave the factory filter head on, isn't it just a flow restriction at that point?

Flame suit on
This is what I for also.. That topside filter is a piece of crap sooner you can get rid of it the better.IMO

arneson

Aug 14, 2011
stoughton, wisconsin

Flame suit on

For once ill agree with you. :DI took mine off, wish i would have done it as soon as i installed the lift pump. Once u have that with the filters, its doin a better job then the factory could ever do, and then it just restricts from there. The bleeder isnt needed with a lift pump and the heater doesnt do crap. Get that thing off there.