LB7: Fuel in oil? Occasional white smoke

smoked

Dec 10, 2010
Temecula, CA
From what I've been reading, if the cup doesn't come out when you pop out the injector, it's best just to leave it in. Supposed to be pretty tough and alignment must be precise. If you do, be sure to drain coolant first, once the cup pops out, the coolant will flow into your cylinder and then you've got a separate mess to deal with...:(

02bigstrokin

Sep 9, 2008
i would probably drain the coolant first as a precaution. also if it were mine if you can get one of the injector cup tools from somebody i would reseal them and use red loctite them in. you would hate to do all that work and then one lift on you one day and have to do it all over again. your right there i would go ahead and do it personally.

Akdiesel

IFS Hater
Aug 23, 2009
Fairbanks
Well smoked is on his way over now. Well put up results after we get the balance rates. Anything else we should look at while we have EFI hooked up?

Akdiesel

IFS Hater
Aug 23, 2009
Fairbanks
Here's the log from Tom's truck in park idling. The balance rates weren't all out of wack but #1 was a little over +4 and #7 was real close to +4 like 3.9x or so. Now need the experts to take a look and give anymore insight you can.

Attachments

• tomlb7log.zip
    2.2 KB · Views: 22

smoked

Dec 10, 2010
Temecula, CA
As a follow up on this, completed the odd (passenger side) 1, 3, 5 & 7 that were showing out of balance. Lot of work, but just taking the time and following the steps on all the posts and DIY info made it way easier than I thought. Encountered zero problems along the way and it went smoothly. Took about 10 hours all total and runs like a champ with no more white smoke. Saved myself about $2K and learned a lot about the duramax in the process.

Thanks to all who posted and helped me figure this one out. Special thanks to Tony (semperfidoordie) for his help with EFI Live. Drivers side sure to be next:thumb: