Fuel filter housing

JustinD

Plow Truck
Nov 21, 2008
Tiverton Rhode Island
All the chasing an "air leak" or bad lift pumps, we put new pumps, and added a 10 micron water seperator inline. Go for a ride and it still has that rattle......... I connected to the scan tool and commanded 160mpa and looks like injector #2 is a 6.89!!! I just had that one done too? I have a couple others that are 4 or 5 too. Im guessing this is my phantom rattle?? I am going to look at it again and have the bad ones replaced. WTF

JakeBrakeIH

Dec 24, 2010
Yaphank, NY
Justin, do you buy fuel at the same place all the time? Your lift pump seperate water by any chance? You think your getting water in your fuel and its ****ing up the injectors and the rest of the fuel system? Just a thought?

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

JustinD

Plow Truck
Nov 21, 2008
Tiverton Rhode Island
That was my thought too, I never buy it in the same place always where ever Im at at that moment, Johnny and I just did a CAT filter head with a 10 micron water sep, Hope that helps in the future to keep the shit out of them??? Now I have the 2 micron CAT filter up front and a 10 micron between the tank and pumps. Going nuts here!!! Shitty thing is, its the last injector we did #2!! :confused:

tysmith

ZF-6
Aug 29, 2008
I'd like to see inside the 10 mic filter after a couple thousand miles. How was the inside of tank when you had it apart? Lots of cp3 in there, or pretty clean? Hopefully you have it sorted now. ONly other place for bits to hide would be FICM, rails, and lines, right?
:dontknow:

JustinD

Plow Truck
Nov 21, 2008
Tiverton Rhode Island
Yeah, once its right I'll have to cut that filter and see what is hiding inside. looked ok, had some shit floating in it but not horrible. I would think by now all the debris is gone?? I had replaced 3 or so AC Delco fuel filters after it popped the CP3 after that many it seemed to be free of metal.