fuel cell and sending unit wiring

PACougar

Jun 27, 2012
El Dorado Hills, Ca
I'm pretty sure the cap won't vent, I think I'm going to mod the filler hole so I can fill it through the factory neck. So I'm going to maintain the lift pump return there.

dracing70

SH--- GETTING EXPENSIVE!
Jun 12, 2007
mantua, oh
I'm pretty sure the cap won't vent, I think I'm going to mod the filler hole so I can fill it through the factory neck. So I'm going to maintain the lift pump return there.

If I was mounting underneath I would do the same but I'm not. I would not think it would b a good idea to tee the engine return and lift pump return in together ???

PACougar

Jun 27, 2012
El Dorado Hills, Ca
If I was mounting underneath I would do the same but I'm not. I would not think it would b a good idea to tee the engine return and lift pump return in together ???

I'm going to leave the lift pump return in the filler neck where it is already and run the engine return into the port on the cell. I'm not sure why it would be a bad idea to have them run together, they both just dump into the tank.

dracing70

SH--- GETTING EXPENSIVE!
Jun 12, 2007
mantua, oh
I'm going to leave the lift pump return in the filler neck where it is already and run the engine return into the port on the cell. I'm not sure why it would be a bad idea to have them run together, they both just dump into the tank.

Yeah I just wonder if it will cause any restriction ?? Am I right in saying a restriction on the return could cause a fueling issue. ?? Do u think one 1/2 return line can handle both engine and lift pump return ???

dracing70

SH--- GETTING EXPENSIVE!
Jun 12, 2007
mantua, oh
Now I never received any info ?? Someone on here has to know the proper way to wire in the stock fuel harness to a aftermarket fuel cell ???? It's only two wires and I tried both combos but all I get is full and empty ? Am I doing something wrong or is there a way to calibrate and if so how ?

PACougar

Jun 27, 2012
El Dorado Hills, Ca
Now I never received any info ?? Someone on here has to know the proper way to wire in the stock fuel harness to a aftermarket fuel cell ???? It's only two wires and I tried both combos but all I get is full and empty ? Am I doing something wrong or is there a way to calibrate and if so how ?

You need to rescale the voltage in the ecu.

x MadMAX DIESEL

<<<< No Horsepower
Dec 30, 2008
Lexington, Ky
You'll probably just have to play with the tank size (gallons) till you figure it out. For instance, I doubt just putting in 20 will work... Might end up having to put 7 gallon for it to read accurately. Play with that, that's what I would try... Also I'm running liftpump and engine return tied together then dumping into my cell.

dracing70

SH--- GETTING EXPENSIVE!
Jun 12, 2007
mantua, oh
You'll probably just have to play with the tank size (gallons) till you figure it out. For instance, I doubt just putting in 20 will work... Might end up having to put 7 gallon for it to read accurately. Play with that, that's what I would try... Also I'm running liftpump and engine return tied together then dumping into my cell.

After debating back and forth for a month I ended up mounting it underneath and reusing the fuel door fill and I recycled the lift pump into the fill hose like a normal lift pump

dracing70

SH--- GETTING EXPENSIVE!
Jun 12, 2007
mantua, oh
well I dicked with the table all day today and I figured out nothing. when wires are hooked purple to signal and black to ground it just goes straight up to full. I tried manipulating the tables in about 6 different configs and nothing changed. any other ideas????

NAFLASH

Aug 22, 2010
Not really sure why people keep referring to voltage as how the fuel sender reads. Its reads by resistance aka ohms. I know an lmm is 40ohm full 240ohm empty.

dracing70

SH--- GETTING EXPENSIVE!
Jun 12, 2007
mantua, oh
If I'm not mistaken it's voltage in the tuning tables.

The tuning tables read in voltage yes but here is my question now does the signal wire send the voltage out ? And if so which wire then recieves the voltage reading back ?? I have a feeling the wires are not in the right location