fuel cell and sending unit wiring

dracing70

SH--- GETTING EXPENSIVE!
Jun 12, 2007
mantua, oh
if I decided to run a fuel cell and wanted to still utilize a working gauge. is it possible to wire in the harness to a aftermarket unit and if so what is the process? or does anyone know of a tank made that accepts a dmax sending unit????

dracing70

SH--- GETTING EXPENSIVE!
Jun 12, 2007
mantua, oh
Yes, it'll have to be recalibrated, but any 0-90 ohm standard sender will work

ok thanks for the feedback i guess ill pick up a 0-90. do you know the proper wires to splice did not look real close yet but i believe I saw more than two????

dracing70

SH--- GETTING EXPENSIVE!
Jun 12, 2007
mantua, oh
what does everyone think about foam? do we need a foam filled cell or is cavitation not a issue?? and what about a sump? is it needed???

dracing70

SH--- GETTING EXPENSIVE!
Jun 12, 2007
mantua, oh
Ditch the foam and don't they all come with sump? All the ones I looked at were not flat on the bottom, at least.

I looked at quite a few. I found a few with a flat no sump bottom. But I like the idea of the sump even though it makes it a pain to mount. I ended up going with the foam.

dracing70

SH--- GETTING EXPENSIVE!
Jun 12, 2007
mantua, oh
these are on clearance at summit and seem like a great deal. I received it and the quality seems pretty good. SUM-291220-SB

dracing70

SH--- GETTING EXPENSIVE!
Jun 12, 2007
mantua, oh
still needing some feedback on whether there is a process for making the sending unit work properly with the stock wiring and gauge. Obviously there will be a change in the tune but is this the only way to calibrate?

dracing70

SH--- GETTING EXPENSIVE!
Jun 12, 2007
mantua, oh
I'll let you know after I get it installed. I just need to buy a few fittings and some more lines.

I'm wondering if the two fittings on top will work for returning fuel. I wanted to use one for the lift pump bypass and the other for a return from the engine. But I'm concerned whether or not the cap will vent to equalize the pressure ?? Or if the vent fitting strictly needs to stay a vent