Frustrated...

hondarider552

Getting faster
May 28, 2008
Arizona
I havent touched my LBZ for 4 months, today I go out, start the truck let it run for 20 mins to charge batteries, and try to load a tow tune for tomorrow night. EFI then proceeds to give me this error.. :confused:

I have the most current update on my V2 and firmware, but have no clue why it's asking me to license my ecm that has already been licensed.. :rofl:

Is it just me or do other people seem to be having issues with the new update ?

I havent updated my v2/firmware since 2007 when I bought efi, never once had an issue, untill now..

Last edited:

GeneralTJI

Turbo Todd
Jun 1, 2010
Colorado
Probably won't help a bit.. but HP Tuners does this too me once and a while.. I have to do a full read of the ecm before I can write to it again... then it's good to go.

Hope you get it figured out...

duratothemax

<--- slippery roads
Aug 28, 2006
Wyoming
I havent touched my LBZ for 4 months, today I go out, start the truck let it run for 20 mins to charge batteries, and try to load a tow tune for tomorrow night. EFI then proceeds to give me this error.. :confused:

I have the most current update on my V2 and firmware, but have no clue why it's asking me to license my ecm that has already been licensed.. :rofl:

Is it just me or do other people seem to be having issues with the new update ?

I havent updated my v2/firmware since 2007 when I bought efi, never once had an issue, untill now..

I think the problem is you didnt have a good song playing on the radio when you tried to reflash.

Just a thought. :confused:

JoshH

Daggum farm truck
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 14, 2007
Texas!!!
Is your boot block and firmware up to date? That's the only time I have that happen.

05_LLY

Out-A-Time
Aug 7, 2006
Norvelt, PA
Brian, i had the same issue since the Cummins update was released, I went through the two updates after that not fixing it, some how i i just hapen to click on "check for updates" through efi explorer, it did a update to the V8 software, all has been well since! Not sure if this will help but hope it dose! Both my boot block and firm, were current while this was happening aswell!

05_LLY

Out-A-Time
Aug 7, 2006
Norvelt, PA
When i was having the problem, if i went in and looked at my avaliable and used lic under the help tab it would only show 1/4 of the ones on my cable!

whytry

Oct 11, 2010
need to update firmware... so v2 recognizes new software in pc... cant believe your asking a question your usually your being a j ackass on here:thumb:

hondarider552

Getting faster
May 28, 2008
Arizona
I think the problem is you didnt have a good song playing on the radio when you tried to reflash.

Just a thought. :confused:

:rofl::rofl:
I played TGIF and it still didnt load :eek:

Is your boot block and firmware up to date? That's the only time I have that happen.

Yessir. I updated it about 3 weeks ago, newest release date is June of 2011.

Brian, i had the same issue since the Cummins update was released, I went through the two updates after that not fixing it, some how i i just hapen to click on "check for updates" through efi explorer, it did a update to the V8 software, all has been well since! Not sure if this will help but hope it dose! Both my boot block and firm, were current while this was happening aswell!
I'll have to work on it this weekend, I was hoping to makle it to the track tomorrow night with Dmitri untill this. I talked to Nick (paint) and he suggested to load a older build to see if it helps the problem. Thanks Caleb :thumb:
need to update firmware... so v2 recognizes new software in pc... cant believe your asking a question your usually your being a j ackass on here:thumb:

Firmware is the newest update. And im not a jackass, just a smartass. Get to know me :thumb:

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
:rofl::rofl:
I played TGIF and it still didnt load :eek:

Yessir. I updated it about 3 weeks ago, newest release date is June of 2011.

I'll have to work on it this weekend, I was hoping to makle it to the track tomorrow night with Dmitri untill this. I talked to Nick (paint) and he suggested to load a older build to see if it helps the problem. Thanks Caleb :thumb:

Firmware is the newest update. And im not a jackass, just a smartass. Get to know me :thumb:

No your a jackass, plain and simple lol. You gunna swing by and pick me up?

hondarider552

Getting faster
May 28, 2008
Arizona
Well, getting somewhere. Downloaded newest build 170, uninstalled old v7.5, new version works, only error I have now is that I need to update my bootblock and firmware, again, so they match on the newest build. How do I do this? I forget :mad: :eek:

McRat

Diesel Hotrodder
Aug 2, 2006
Norco CA
www.mcratracing.com
IIRC, you now update the bootblock via EFILive V8 version? It's been a LONG time since I've updated.

I seldom update. Mine is probably from 2008 last I remember. IMO, don't fix what ain't broke. :D

THEREDDEVIL

A Bad seed
Jul 28, 2010
Godfrey, il
Don't burn me at the stake, but a guy on DP has a good write up on updating everything. Tanc crusher is his tag. I got the same error after updating all the software. It didn't take very long to do the firmware and bootblock though.

hondarider552

Getting faster
May 28, 2008
Arizona
IIRC, you now update the bootblock via EFILive V8 version? It's been a LONG time since I've updated.

I seldom update. Mine is probably from 2008 last I remember. IMO, don't fix what ain't broke. :D

I havent updated ever :rofl:
TThis all started after I tuned my Colorado :eek:
Don't burn me at the stake, but a guy on DP has a good write up on updating everything. Tanc crusher is his tag. I got the same error after updating all the software. It didn't take very long to do the firmware and bootblock though.

I'll look it up. as of now, my firmware and bootblock dates do not match, but the version's do.

hondarider552

Getting faster
May 28, 2008
Arizona
:dancenana: :woott:

Problem fixed. It seems the newest build, 170, fixed my issue. I also updated my firmware as well, but V8 said both were in check, but I did it anyways :confused:

Big tune is back in the truck, and it runs fine. From build 64, to 170 is a big change for me :rofl:

Thanks to Nick for helping me out, calling me names, and walking me through efi101, cuz apparently, im an idiot :D
Or a young whippersnapper in Mike L's terms. :hug:

hondarider552

Getting faster
May 28, 2008
Arizona
Oh, and my Colorado tune works perfect now, so now I get to start playing with that truck, all 242hp of it :D

I seriously appreciate all the help I got for an issue that wasnt really that big.