Front seats from an 07.5+ in an 06

fish

Polish Mafia
Staff member
Jul 26, 2012
Peoria, AZ
I miss the center console from my 07.5 1500, now that I have my 06 dually.

Has anyone tried to swap out the front seats from an 07.5+ truck into a classic body style truck?

z79outlaw

Apr 20, 2007
Salem WI
Its your choice to wear a selt belt its not a big deal for me either way but when you get pulled over for driving at bar time or whatever and your not able to put on your seat belt because you no longer have them you might be in a tight spot.

I think Adam (Malibu795) sells a seat belt extension though its basically a section of seat belt with a male and female end 42" in length and allows your backseat belt up to reach up to the front. Dont know if he still makes them or not though.

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
Its your choice to wear a selt belt its not a big deal for me either way but when you get pulled over for driving at bar time or whatever and your not able to put on your seat belt because you no longer have them you might be in a tight spot.

I think Adam (Malibu795) sells a seat belt extension though its basically a section of seat belt with a male and female end 42" in length and allows your backseat belt up to reach up to the front. Dont know if he still makes them or not though.

All you have to tell him is that swapping to the newer seats means he looses seatbelts as they are in the seats of his 06 and in the b pillar of the 07.5 and up lol.

Sebas, its not that simple. The biggest reason being the seatbelts as mentioned

fish

Polish Mafia
Staff member
Jul 26, 2012
Peoria, AZ
Agh, thanks for answering my question, I think I'm just going to swap out the center console, from an LTZ.

duratothemax

<--- slippery roads
Aug 28, 2006
Wyoming
I asked the same question a while ago. Post if you di it and how it fits!

why would you even bother trying?? There is no point in doing this, because the obvious damning road blocking being no seatbelts.......

I see so many people ask this question (oh can I put 07.5+ seats in my 01-07), and they clearly havent even given 2 seconds of thought to it, because the seatbelt issue is so obvious, its staring you right in the face.

z79outlaw

Apr 20, 2007
Salem WI
why would you even bother trying?? There is no point in doing this, because the obvious damning road blocking being no seatbelts.......

I see so many people ask this question (oh can I put 07.5+ seats in my 01-07), and they clearly havent even given 2 seconds of thought to it, because the seatbelt issue is so obvious, its staring you right in the face.

Hence why Adam makes seat belt extensions, those in the back seat are screwed though.

Daveroonie

Aug 16, 2012
North O.C.

I think you misunderstood... The title for the thread is misleading. We are wondering about changing out the center seat/console from the rigid, seat to the seat/armrest/under seat storage version in later model trucks. I went and bumped my thread just for the heck of it.

Last edited:

Bfox111

Jan 12, 2011
Georgia
Jraymer im laughing for a different reason i have this done in my truck but i havent completly finished it off just yet. But i do have working seat belts. I even have nnbs back seats installed as well. :thumb:

Bfox111

Jan 12, 2011
Georgia
2012-01-26164911.jpg

Just a preview. Anything can be fabricated to work...