Front end noise NOT WHEEL BEARING

HUNTazLBZ

Aug 11, 2015
Phoenix, AZ
I just replaced the wheel bearing in my 07 classic 2500 4x4. because i had a loud front end noise coming from the drivers side.
After replacing the bearing, the noise has not changed!
200$ spent on that for no reason.... (Timken)

The noise is pretty loud at about 60-75mph but can be heard as low as 25-30 mph.
suggestions on what to check first? sounds specific to the left side all be it could be in the middle of the under side.

Thanks as usual!

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
If it was the passenger side, I would say to make sure the female occupant is no longer in the vehicle, then go for another test drive but since we are talking about the driver side, look at ball joints

Hot COCOAL

May the farce be with you
Jun 9, 2012
If it was the passenger side, I would say to make sure the female occupant is no longer in the vehicle, then go for another test drive but since we are talking about the driver side, look at ball joints

Hmm
Sounds like someone's realizing the joys of spousal postpartum depression and the hormone download...

HUNTazLBZ

Aug 11, 2015
Phoenix, AZ
The noise is a strong hum similar to the sound of when had issue with wheel bearing...
How do I go about checking the potential issue? Thanks 1925 got a much smaller version riding shotgun now!

Chevy1925

Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
Hmm

Sounds like someone's realizing the joys of spousal postpartum depression and the hormone download...

Nope, she's actually doing awesome. Been one hell of a mother. Work has been slammed and I've been working lots of over time. She lets me sleep all night when the little one is being fussy. Her patiences is something I couldn't do lol.

My comment stemmed from this vid lmao

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GYycwWwYaZU

Hot COCOAL

May the farce be with you
Jun 9, 2012
Nope, she's actually doing awesome. Been one hell of a mother. Work has been slammed and I've been working lots of over time. She lets me sleep all night when the little one is being fussy. Her patiences is something I couldn't do lol.

:roflmao:
That was a good one!

Oh man, well youre a lucky guy James...mine was just the opposite

motoking_1990

May 9, 2011
Terre Haute, IN

I remember seeing this lmao still makes me laugh. That's the most expensive sound.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Chevy1925

Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
If the sound is constant and coming from the front end, check your cv's. I would also pull the rear driveshaft and twist each u joint by hand feeling for tight notchynesa