Front Components

Rebelchevy87

Nov 21, 2008
Whitmore Lake, MI
I have the Non-Bose components, and I am on my 2nd set of stockers (replaced under warranty) and they are blown again.

I am going to skip the dealer this time and replace them with something aftermarket. Not lookingfor anything spectacular, just something better than stock. I still have the stock HU.

I was looking at the Alpine SPS-600C components. Anyone ever use these? I have had Alpine products in two different vehicles in the past and have always been satisified.

Thanks.

dbtravis

is rattling my brain out
Jan 25, 2009
Michigan
alpine are nice, i suggest asking about what the installer thinks is best. sometimes names arent always the best

jpowel29

Feb 1, 2008
Bentonville, Arkansas
I recently picked up a used set of Rainbow components for my door speakers. I never heard of that name but the many stereo guys said they were great speakers and I got a nice deal on them.

JMDuramaxLB7

YOU SAID MEMBER!!!
Jun 3, 2007
Missouri
I have a set of Rockford Fosgate in mine and they sound much better than the stockers. I have also had Eclipses in another truck and they sounded real good also.

SmokeShow

Nov 30, 2006
Lawrenceburg, KY
what size are the stock speakers up front? 5.25"?

Both of mine are blown apart. Literally. The little tweeter parts are just dangling behind the screen and rattling on it. They've GOT to GO!!

Of the speaker [brands] that have been listed, which are the best VALUE. Meaning get the most for the least amount of money? I'm NOT willing to spend big money on the speakers but want something better than stock and Jensen. :rofl:

While I'm at it, I want to do the rears as well. What size are they? is better to go just mids, 2-way or 3-way on the fronts and rears? If it matters, I'd like to add a subwoofer in a box under the backseat. I'd imagine a single 10" will be enough for me. I'm not into bleeding ears and the such. Just good sound quality and hear/feel it a little bit when I'm in the mood to jam. :coolspot: The rest of the time it's talk radio. :D

C-ya

Last edited:

KEVINL

Jul 4, 2008
Phoenix, AZ
I have always liked boston acoustics and MB quart

I have heard good things about focals

My speakers suck I need some new ones too

WTF

slow and broke
Nov 20, 2006
Wasco,CA
i run boston's but they cost around 6bills but they sound so clean i like them better then the mb quarts

Rebelchevy87

Nov 21, 2008
Whitmore Lake, MI
The fiance bought me the Alpine components I was looking at. To be sure there are better speakers out there, but these sound great and are reasonably priced. Easy install job as well. The woofers mount in the factory spot after drilling a couple of holes and using the brackets that came with the speakers. I removed the stock tweeters from the plastic mounts, modified them w/ a dremel and mounted the replacements in the stock mounts. Everything looks and sounds great.

Last edited: