Friggin Mice

msjdgman

Jan 13, 2009
SW Michigan
I swear.....the friggin mice are the biggest pain in the behind!!! I have been having issues with the brakes on my 30 ft tandem axle gooseneck, so I put it in the shop Friday nite to tear things down over the weekend and figure why they weren`t working right. Well....I sure found part of the reason. Two of the drums were completely packed with leaves and nests. I mean completely!! It stunk so bad of mouse pee that I was gagging as I was getting the drums off and the crap all cleaned out. All of the actuators, levers, and pivot points were siezed tight. So....after getting things cleaned up and freed up, as well as sanding the rust off the armature surface of the drums, it looks like I`ll get out of it with just having to replace 1 drum and 2 magnets. Only $325 and several hours of work. Yee ha:eek: Now to find a way to keep those stinkin mice away from the trailer.

custom8726

Feb 25, 2008
Upstate N.Y
I swear.....the friggin mice are the biggest pain in the behind!!! I have been having issues with the brakes on my 30 ft tandem axle gooseneck, so I put it in the shop Friday nite to tear things down over the weekend and figure why they weren`t working right. Well....I sure found part of the reason. Two of the drums were completely packed with leaves and nests. I mean completely!! It stunk so bad of mouse pee that I was gagging as I was getting the drums off and the crap all cleaned out. All of the actuators, levers, and pivot points were siezed tight. So....after getting things cleaned up and freed up, as well as sanding the rust off the armature surface of the drums, it looks like I`ll get out of it with just having to replace 1 drum and 2 magnets. Only $325 and several hours of work. Yee ha:eek: Now to find a way to keep those stinkin mice away from the trailer.[/QUOTE]

Buy a bunch of snakes:D

Catpower

Feb 12, 2009
Fort St John BC
You need a mouser! Find a good one and don't feed it quit enough or maybe it will try to stay in your good books and bring you presents into the house onto your favorite chair.We had a cat like that on the farm years ago.Used to drive mom nuts.:rofl:

Feb 2, 2009
Edmonton, Alberta
Or teach the dog to kill them my small border collie cross hunts all the rodents on the farm, seen her run up a chainlink fence to attack a raven once the bird was bigger than her at the time. We would end up with some crazy animals at the front steps, beaver, gophers, birds, martens, muskrats. Funny she won't go after the cat but ShitHead is a big F'n 6 toed cat.
I have also heard that Irish Springs soap bars work to repel them and we have these little bags of herbs up here that send them running but they are safe for consumption.

msjdgman

Jan 13, 2009
SW Michigan
Or teach the dog to kill them my small border collie cross hunts all the rodents on the farm, seen her run up a chainlink fence to attack a raven once the bird was bigger than her at the time. We would end up with some crazy animals at the front steps, beaver, gophers, birds, martens, muskrats. Funny she won't go after the cat but ShitHead is a big F'n 6 toed cat.
I have also heard that Irish Springs soap bars work to repel them and we have these little bags of herbs up here that send them running but they are safe for consumption.

Thanks for the ideas. It just reminded me of a trick we use in the 5th wheel....cotton balls soaked in pure mint oil. Drives mice off like wild fire. I just might be able to stuff a couple into the inspection/adjuster slot and still get them back out without having to disassemble the drum assemblies. Thanks!!

Huntinducks82

Apr 21, 2008
Centerville MD
We had one get into are MX 210 IH tractor last year. For some reason all of a sudden the tractor would not go into road gear. Had service man come look at it and he could not find out what was wrong. So had to ship it to the shop and pull the cab off to find out there was a wiring chewed into. Cost was close to $3000 not countin down time. I hate a mouse.

Great White

Great White
Jul 16, 2009
Show Low Arizona
Not too long ago I also discovered the joy of living around Rats/Mice. They got into the Digital Controler Box on my 40 KW Detroit Turbo Diesel Generator and made a nest in the circuit boards, chewed thru a ribbon cable and a ground wire. Tried Mouser, it clawed me and ran away, probably Coyote bait by now. Then the solar power installer said to use the "Cowboy Mouse Trap". He explained that it is a large 5 Gal Plastic bucket filled about 3/4 full of water. You then lay a plank, I am using a 1 X 6, from the ground up onto the lip of the bucket. They come up the plank, try to reach the water and fall in. Easy, works well, no bait needed, no mouser to claw me and all you do is dump, add more water and your good to go. Might try this. Cheaper than brakes and if it doesn't help you the bucket can be reused for other tasks. IMHO.