Fresh Limo pics

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
Yeah very true. I've noticed the front end to be quieter now too. The creaking and little clunks I use to get are gone.

Na. These front ones need enough maintence as it is. I did pull the bedsides 2.5" over stock. Hard to see when the front ones have so much flare.

mackthehack

DUH...
Apr 16, 2007
Thats awesome you were able to stuff a full sized spare under there. I tried sticking a 39 there when I was running them. I figured anything over a 35 won't fit there. So, there is no need for a spare...

Did you use a little heat to pull the bed sides?

Chevy1925

Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
Looks ok...

:D

i see the jelly in that smile :spit:

:drool::drool::drool::drool:

Looks awesome James:thumb:

thanks guys!

Thats awesome you were able to stuff a full sized spare under there. I tried sticking a 39 there when I was running them. I figured anything over a 35 won't fit there. So, there is no need for a spare...

Did you use a little heat to pull the bed sides?

i didnt think it would fit either cause all i heard were guys saying they could jsut barely fit a 35 but most of them guys had short beds, with the long bed there is a bit more room under there. the other issue was exhaust but mines exited under the cab for years now.

nope, just cut the inner support, put a bottle jack and a block of wood between the inner fender and outer fender and slowly cranked it out to where i wanted it. i know of guys that go 3-4" but then it looks strange to me. Short beds show the pulled bed sides much more than a long bed. i got a big write up on DP from long ago on how to do it when i originally did mine.

RENODMAX

Dead Wrong
Mar 4, 2008
James how are the coilovers holding up? Id be curious over time and with towing how they do? Wanna PM me some details? Like $$$ those kind.

mackthehack

DUH...
Apr 16, 2007
i see the jelly in that smile :spit:

thanks guys!

i didnt think it would fit either cause all i heard were guys saying they could jsut barely fit a 35 but most of them guys had short beds, with the long bed there is a bit more room under there. the other issue was exhaust but mines exited under the cab for years now.

nope, just cut the inner support, put a bottle jack and a block of wood between the inner fender and outer fender and slowly cranked it out to where i wanted it. i know of guys that go 3-4" but then it looks strange to me. Short beds show the pulled bed sides much more than a long bed. i got a big write up on DP from long ago on how to do it when i originally did mine.

Exhaust dumped under the cab? You running a 4" exhaust? I'll look for your write on DP.

X2 on the lifted long beds are awesome. I think lifted long bed duallys are bad ass!

Chevy1925

Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
yes, there is a reducer just after the big turbo that drops the down pipe to 4" and runs that way to the muffler, then a short section of 5" pipe to my 6" turn down. it exits just at the back of the cab. use to be noisy and droned like hell with the stock turbo. added the second turbo and its perfect. more turbo whistle than motor noise hehe

matt78

Finally boosted launches
Sep 10, 2012
texas
yes, there is a reducer just after the big turbo that drops the down pipe to 4" and runs that way to the muffler, then a short section of 5" pipe to my 6" turn down. it exits just at the back of the cab. use to be noisy and droned like hell with the stock turbo. added the second turbo and its perfect. more turbo whistle than motor noise hehe

Thats what mine did on the noise as well, nicer while towing.

mackthehack

DUH...
Apr 16, 2007

:thumb:

mreeves23

Big Hog Customs, LLC
Sep 15, 2011
Poseyville, IN
trucks looks very good james. really like the stance! coilovers are a nice touch for sure. Very interested to see how the lower shock mounts hold up to the coils! Nice work.

coker6303

Keep Calm and Chive On!!
Aug 6, 2009
Houston, TX
This guy was at the local event last saturday, good looking truck. He had the aftermarket rear bed skins that stuck out too. As soon as I saw it I had to snag a pic for James.

Best part was he threw on those stock rear tires and roasted them to the point that the rubber coming off the tire caught on fire!! It was sick!! I remember looking over and telling a buddy "his EGT's are threw the roof!!", as soon as he let out and the smoke cleared, he had a second smoke cloud from under the hood! boiled over like crazy, poor poor dmax... :D

null_zpsd2c9744c.png

Chevy1925

Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
This guy was at the local event last saturday, good looking truck. He had the aftermarket rear bed skins that stuck out too. As soon as I saw it I had to snag a pic for James.

Best part was he threw on those stock rear tires and roasted them to the point that the rubber coming off the tire caught on fire!! It was sick!! I remember looking over and telling a buddy "his EGT's are threw the roof!!", as soon as he let out and the smoke cleared, he had a second smoke cloud from under the hood! boiled over like crazy, poor poor dmax... :D

null_zpsd2c9744c.png

lol guy wants to be like me. same lift and all. hes still running stock bedsides that have been pulled though. pretty easy to tell. if they still have the stock curve at the rear quarter panel and the flare is smooth from front to back, they are just pulled steel panels. Fiberglass ones will have a hell of a flare on them and have a striaght angled up cut at the rear quarter panel.

bet he cant tuck them tires like this though and still turn lock to lock without rubbing :D

and full droop

really appreciate all the compliments guys. its been a long 7 years of work. Truck has been through alot with me and been my saving grace a few times. Its finally jsut about where i want it with the pic ive had in my head for years. the best part is its hit the practicality uses ive wanted. everything has a purpose on it and yet, someone whose never driven it can jump in and drive it with no issues (aside from the length lol).

TeaBagger2006

Im a Garrett Nut Swinger
May 11, 2008
Bis ND
i didnt read this thread james....all i know is someday we will line up again and my turd will out run your black turd...... pinky promise

Chevy1925

Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
i didnt read this thread james....all i know is someday we will line up again and my turd will out run your black turd...... pinky promise

well, that would require me to have a loaded 12k trailer on the back of the truck, flat tires on the truck, locked up trailer brakes, blowin intercooler, bad injectors, 1 shot CP3, and them MAYBE you might beat me :roflmao: :hug: