Fresh build now no start

quinton

Nov 28, 2011
Granbury Tx.
Built a lmm motor and got everything together just fine. Started it up and ran fine, shut it off and starter up again fine, backed it out the shop, shut off for a bit and now it won't start. It's getting fuel to injectors. I haven't checked rail pressure yet or pulled glow plugs to see if a injector is hung. I don't see how a injector could stick after it ran fine at first.

quinton

Nov 28, 2011
Granbury Tx.
What rail pressure does the truck have to have to fire the injectors? I'm not getting any fuel out of glow plug holes. It's got to be over 6k correct? I don't see how it would start the first few times and now it won't.

quinton

Nov 28, 2011
Granbury Tx.
Idk I don't have my computer with me at the moment. But if it's not getting what it needs then it won't fire right? With the new dual fueler I haven't adjusted the tunes.

onebaddmaxxx

Feb 22, 2009
Cecil County Md
I would check the primer cap. When my lly has ran out of fuel, I can put fuel in it, prime it and start it. If I shut it off within 5 mins it won't fire up again....if it runs for 20 mins it gets all the air out again. And starts fine from there on. If you have a lift pump turn it on and open the bleeder and let fuel squirt a little bit

quinton

Nov 28, 2011
Granbury Tx.
I did that. I primed it, cracked all the injector lines, then took one line off each rail and fuel shoots out while cranking it, put a piece of paper over glow plug holes and dry as a bone.

onebaddmaxxx

Feb 22, 2009
Cecil County Md
don't take the lines off. Common rails should push all the air thru the injectors until it fires. They aren't like the old cummins and IDI where pop pressure is high and can't push it through. I would just wait until you get your v2 there to look at rail. Been down the road of trying to diag without it and it plan blows. Your basically pissing in the wind

NC-smokinlmm

<<<Future tuna killer
May 29, 2011
At Da Beach
I did that. I primed it, cracked all the injector lines, then took one line off each rail and fuel shoots out while cranking it, put a piece of paper over glow plug holes and dry as a bone.

Cracking lines at the pressures these injection systems run is dangerous. Get your computer and stop wasting your time and energy. You need to see what's happening before you do anything else, I know its frustrating...

quinton

Nov 28, 2011
Granbury Tx.
Okay got the computer hooked up to it and it's showing 179psi for fuel rail pressure and .5 volts while cranking. It throw the p0090 code once then never again. I also tried hooking the stock connector to the new dual cp3 pump by itself and it also shows the same psi and volts. Guess it's a bare wire?

DIESELMAFIAPER.LB7

<----new hotness
Jan 17, 2010
idaho
shop.dieselmafiaperformance.com
You need to pin out the wires from the factory fpr plug to the ecm I fought that p0090 code for ever the difference is mine would start but was stuck at max rail..

Also unplug the ecm and throw some die electric grease on th and plug it back in see if anything changes

quinton

Nov 28, 2011
Granbury Tx.
I only got the code one time. Never again. I read that another guy turned the second cp3 by hand to build rail pressure and he could watch it raise on the scan tool. I unplugged the ECM and cleaned it but will put some grease on it and see.

quinton

Nov 28, 2011
Granbury Tx.
Ok got it running by spinning the second cp3 pump by hand. Now she runs rough. Idle should be 8k psi right? For rail presure.

sickdiesel

Apr 22, 2010
Cold start up will be around 5-6k normally and will settle back to around 4400 once warmed up.

quinton

Nov 28, 2011
Granbury Tx.
Truck is running good until you get on it. This is what it's doing at half throttle. Losing rail pressure and throwing code and reducing power. Could it be the fprv shim? Should I put a plug in it instead? Or what else could cause the low rail pressure?
beb27e88d2c8df54d0ba589f2fabece4.jpg

Hot COCOAL

May the farce be with you
Jun 9, 2012
Could you have possibly pinched the fuel supply line? Is the dual fueler controller hooked up correctly and working properly?