freighttrain track results.

02freighttrain

Team Salad Bartender
Aug 13, 2006
sootville, Fl
I made three passes. I had my sled pulling tires on because I'm going to a pull tonight.
The first pass the tranny didn't shift right. It hung in every gear and i left with way too much spool and it hopped like crazy (Tires sucked) I did run 113 mph.
The second pass the tranny shifted awesome as well as the third.

2nd and third passes were nearly identical.

Heres the numbers and the truck was heavy.

1.82 - 60
7.89 - 1/8 th
12.240 1/4

I think with a little more diet and some decent tires, we may have another 11 second truck here. Thank's again to everyone who helped

Special thanks to Sean8816 and Diesel Pilot............

02freighttrain

Team Salad Bartender
Aug 13, 2006
sootville, Fl
Sled pulling went well, I had the fastest sled speed of any truck in the class
(35mph
and made a full pull. I had her turning 3750 and locked up tight in 4th gear.
The diesel pilot tune makes some serious power and pulled 4th with no problem.
In the pull off I finished third to a $100,000 powerjoke with 44" boggers and a Twin turbo dod
ge with nitros,propane,water/meth, and who knows what else.
My little pizza cutter mud terrains were a limiting factor. During the pull off the pyro was burried and the down pipe caught the firewall insulation on fire. Absolutley no damage and was extinguished w/C02. That crap is going bye bye today. All I can say is that Suncoast Tranny is one tough piece. I'm gonna Give freighttrain a little rest today

Diesel Pilot

Hat? Suitcase? 50 BMG?
Aug 9, 2006
Pickerington, OH
In the pull off I finished third to a $100,000 powerjoke with 44" boggers and a Twin turbo dodge with nitros,propane,water/meth, and who knows what else.

What the hell kind of rules do you guys have in Fla. It sounds like RWB plus whatever else you can throw at it. NO2 has no place on a pulling track.

You need to move to Ohio, and you would be hanging with the big dogs. Up here you would be in Pro Street/Stock and would do very well.

Sounds like it is running good.

02freighttrain

Team Salad Bartender
Aug 13, 2006
sootville, Fl
What the hell kind of rules do you guys have in Fla. It sounds like RWB plus whatever else you can throw at it. NO2 has no place on a pulling track.

You need to move to Ohio, and you would be hanging with the big dogs. Up here you would be in Pro Street/Stock and would do very well.

Sounds like it is running good.
Craig, There are no rules which makes it kinda fun. The only two rules are 26" hitch and 8,000 max. I weighed in at 7984. A few trucks spray. I was the only d'max in the field. Some in the crowd were calling my truck a grocery getter. Quess I shut em up. Again, that tune it's a winner.... Thanks a mil. As a matter of fact, It is a grocery getter.................

Last edited:

McRat

Diesel Hotrodder
Aug 2, 2006
Norco CA
www.mcratracing.com
Craig, There are no rules which makes it kinda fun. The only two rules are 26" hitch and 8,000 max. I weighed in at 7984. A few trucks spray. I was the only d'max in the field. Some in the crowd were calling my truck a grocery getter. Quess I shut em up. Again, that tune it's a winner.... Thanks a mil. As a matter of fact, It is a grocery getter.................

If you get bored, look at the top bar where is says "TIMESLIPS", and enter your info.

Yeah, we took Blue up North for a pull and it was the same. We were "tuning only" in a field of ~20 trucks. Rules were just hitch height and 8,000lb. There was even a gasser or two. We were only beat by some of the nitrous trucks. The spectators were ragging on me before the pull "do you think you're going to actually MOVE the sled with THAT???". Guess their jaws dropped when we actually bested all but a couple trucks. ;)

sweetdiesel

That's better
Aug 6, 2006
Thailand
Sled pulling went well, I had the fastest sled speed of any truck in the class
(35mph
and made a full pull. I had her turning 3750 and locked up tight in 4th gear.
The diesel pilot tune makes some serious power and pulled 4th with no problem.
In the pull off I finished third to a $100,000 powerjoke with 44" boggers and a Twin turbo dod
ge with nitros,propane,water/meth, and who knows what else.
My little pizza cutter mud terrains were a limiting factor. During the pull off the pyro was burried and the down pipe caught the firewall insulation on fire. Absolutley no damage and was extinguished w/C02. That crap is going bye bye today. All I can say is that Suncoast Tranny is one tough piece. I'm gonna Give freighttrain a little rest today

that is so cool,ive never even watched a live sled pull!!
so bigger tires are they the norm for pullers and 8000lbs i might be over allready:eek: is that the norm too?

congrats again

02freighttrain

Team Salad Bartender
Aug 13, 2006
sootville, Fl
Congrats F-Train!
I got a call from the promoter today around 4 today and he told me the first place truck (powerjoke) was disqualified after we left for home, for being considerably overweight. So I was beat by a Dodge with twin turbos,nitros,propane,meth, and a bonified pulling hitch hooked somewhere way up under there. Go team salad....I've got a cool video of the fast full pull. I'll try and post it as soon as can get it compressed......